Surely that’s a pen?

I know its a conspiracy but I am struggling to think of an absolutely nailed on pen we didn't get.

Ugbo at home to Swansea looked a penalty but was more in the 'Ive seen them given'.

Must be one from earlier in the season maybe.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OneEightSixSeven said:

We need to spend more time in the opposition box, law of averages.

I find it hard to believe that every other team in the division spends more time in the opposition penalty box then we do, and yet they've all had at least one penalty. 

Screenshot_2024-04-22-18-31-43-98_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.3900862a25ad5424e63ef9931d2a041c.jpg

The law of averages would suggest we'd have been given at least one or two marginal calls by now. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Peter the owl said:

Now that i have your attention- has a team ever gone the whole season in champ without a penalty? Think we are due one in next 2 games! UTO 

Really good question. The answer is no team has ever gone the whole season without a penalty! 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Peter the owl said:

Now that i have your attention- has a team ever gone the whole season in champ without a penalty? Think we are due one in next 2 games! UTO 

Due one? Statistically we're due about six! 

Better start Smith just in case lol

I suspect the ref wouldn't have given it (as we never get them) - but the Hull defender flattened Ashley Fletcher in front of the Kop, just for Neymarv to slam the loose ball into the net 0.1 seconds later. Might have been a pen if we hadn't scored.

• Like 2

This is a hazy memory but I read in a Littlewoods pools book when I was younger that we'd gone over a year without a penalty in I think 1964-65.

Peter Eustace scored when we did get one.

Can anyone confirm this ?

12 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

I suspect the ref wouldn't have given it (as we never get them) - but the Hull defender flattened Ashley Fletcher in front of the Kop, just for Neymarv to slam the loose ball into the net 0.1 seconds later. Might have been a pen if we hadn't scored.

Mentioning hull reminded me of another pen we should have had. Just before half time their keeper wiped out Ihiekwe in the box.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I find it hard to believe that every other team in the division spends more time in the opposition penalty box then we do, and yet they've all had at least one penalty. 

Screenshot_2024-04-22-18-31-43-98_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.3900862a25ad5424e63ef9931d2a041c.jpg

The law of averages would suggest we'd have been given at least one or two marginal calls by now. 

Well the last 3rd is not always the box. Playing ball across the box and having no players near it for example but yes you’re right, could’ve had one against Swansea maybe..

1 minute ago, OneEightSixSeven said:

Well the last 3rd is not always the box. Playing ball across the box and having no players near it for example but yes you’re right, could’ve had one against Swansea maybe..

I can't remember them all off the top of my head, but there has been plenty of discussion on here of penalties which should / could have been given. 

You'd expect at least one of the marginal calls to go our way over a 46 game season, especially when you see some of the decisions which go on in the football league.

I mean, West Brom were given one for a handball which wasn't even in the box, for starters! 

:duntmatter: