Surely that’s a pen?

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I can't remember them all off the top of my head, but there has been plenty of discussion on here of penalties which should / could have been given. 

You'd expect at least one of the marginal calls to go our way over a 46 game season, especially when you see some of the decisions which go on in the football league.

I mean, West Brom were given one for a handball which wasn't even in the box, for starters! 

:duntmatter:

Saw the West Brom one, unbelievable that one. Never seen owt like that one. As long as they don’t get another like it..

Refs need to balance that out by denying them one or giving us one. The natural balance of the universe restored.

3 minutes ago, OneEightSixSeven said:

Saw the West Brom one, unbelievable that one. Never seen owt like that one. As long as they don’t get another like it..

Refs need to balance that out by denying them one or giving us one. The natural balance of the universe restored.

I think we're due at least five in the next two games...

😉

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 31Dec1966 said:

This is a hazy memory but I read in a Littlewoods pools book when I was younger that we'd gone over a year without a penalty in I think 1964-65.

Peter Eustace scored when we did get one.

Can anyone confirm this ?

Someone said it in another thread not so long ago. It was something ridiculous like 83 league games without a pen

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

@OneEightSixSeven - I had no idea there were stats for touches in the opposition penalty area, but it turns out there are....

Three teams have had fewer than us.

Two of them have had one pen; one of them has had three.

The law of averages would probably say we're due one.

Screenshot2024-04-23at13_37_54.thumb.png.445055b5129ca223118e744b6f763521.png

Not surprised to see Rotherham and us down towards the bottom but there are a few surprises. Preston and eve West Brom aren’t far above. Mind you, West Brom get penalties outside of the box..

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Ponte_Owl85 said:

Someone said it in another thread not so long ago. It was something ridiculous like 83 league games without a pen

81 and we went thru the 65-66 season without 0ne 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OneEightSixSeven said:

Not surprised to see Rotherham and us down towards the bottom but there are a few surprises. Preston and eve West Brom aren’t far above. Mind you, West Brom get penalties outside of the box..

I'd love to be able to see this data from when Röhl started, too.

We barely crossed the halfway line under Muñoz, so I can't imagine too many of those touches came under his guidance.

51 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'd love to be able to see this data from when Röhl started, too.

We barely crossed the halfway line under Muñoz, so I can't imagine too many of those touches came under his guidance.

You’re right about the Xisco era, which means we’re even shi te under Röhl then.

20 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I can't remember them all off the top of my head, but there has been plenty of discussion on here of penalties which should / could have been given. 

You'd expect at least one of the marginal calls to go our way over a 46 game season, especially when you see some of the decisions which go on in the football league.

I mean, West Brom were given one for a handball which wasn't even in the box, for starters! 

:duntmatter:

The one given against us at Stoke was ridiculous. I think even most of the Stoke players didn't know what it was given for.

• Like 1