On 18/04/2024 at 08:37, Furious George said:

Done. Lost my father in law to pancreatic cancer in January 

All the best. 

Thank you, it is a horrible disease where diagnosis is normally too late. UTO

• Love 1

On 15/04/2024 at 21:13, Cornwall Owl said:

I wanted to do a message about my dad who died peacefully last Friday after a long battle with pancreatic cancer. My Dad, Simon Hughes, loved Sheffield Wednesday from growing up to Sheffield to then spending the last 29 years down in St Ives Cornwall and still supporting the owls exactly the same. Because of him I love Sheffield Wednesday so much and that will pass down to his grandson also. We have had so many great memories together watch the Wednesday and I'll continue to do that for him. We have lost a special owl. 

FB_IMG_1713211239058.jpg

My heart bleeds for you pal. Just wait until you sit in his seat and try holding back the tears as I did for my Dad on the first day of our home season 1981. Like me you were always with him, like me you were never without him. Love your Little family and remember your Wednesday family will always be close at hand.  Love Nev keep well.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Sorry for your loss Cornwall Owl.

I lost my dad 3 years ago and my entire love for Wednesday was built around him and our routines.

1st time back at S6 without him was hard but it gets easier.

He'll always be there with you even if you don't see him 💙

You can always count on Wednesday to be utterly $hite or infuriating anyway, I often tell my dad he's not missing much 😆

• Love 1

On 17/04/2024 at 04:04, Cornwall Owl said:

That is a long time! Would be great to meet you, so can contact you on here if that's ok with you unless there is an easier way. 

May we all remember our loved ones who are no longer with us

The happy times we shared supporting the Owls and the friendships that have developed

RIP

• Like 2

On 16/04/2024 at 06:13, Cornwall Owl said:

I wanted to do a message about my dad who died peacefully last Friday after a long battle with pancreatic cancer. My Dad, Simon Hughes, loved Sheffield Wednesday from growing up to Sheffield to then spending the last 29 years down in St Ives Cornwall and still supporting the owls exactly the same. Because of him I love Sheffield Wednesday so much and that will pass down to his grandson also. We have had so many great memories together watch the Wednesday and I'll continue to do that for him. We have lost a special owl. 

FB_IMG_1713211239058.jpg

Blackburn 1-3 Sheffield Wednesday

This one is for you Simon Hughes RIP 😘

• Love 1

On 15/04/2024 at 21:13, Cornwall Owl said:

FB_IMG_1713211239058.jpg

Lovely photo ❤️

• Love 1