So very sorry to hear this Sad news Cornwall Owl.

Simon was my best mate at Primary School. We lived  five minutes from each other. We went to many matches together as kids.

We lost touch but I often think of him when driving past his old Family home . 

Cherish your memories. RIP Simon.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, 1967owl said:

Simon was my best mate at Primary School. We lived  five minutes from each other. We went to many matches together as kids.

Thank you, that is so great to hear. We still attend as many matches as possible and I still will. Living in Cornwall and being low down the leagues has its benefits, we've been to places like Torquay to see Wednesday. 

WAWAW

11 minutes ago, 1967owl said:

Do you still go to many matches? Was wondering if you fancied meeting up next time I go to a game at Hillsborough. Would be great to meet any of my Dad's old friends from Sheffield I may not have met or known before. 

• Like 1

I am still a season ticket holder and rarely miss a  home match. We were friends from about 5 to 11. I last saw your Dad in 1981 so it's a long time ago. I will be happy to meet up next time your up. WAWAW

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, 1967owl said:

I am still a season ticket holder and rarely miss a  home match. We were friends from about 5 to 11. I last saw your Dad in 1981 so it's a long time ago. I will be happy to meet up next time your up. WAWAW

That is a long time! Would be great to meet you, so can contact you on here if that's ok with you unless there is an easier way. 

Sorry for your loss mate ... I lost my old man a few years ago .. he was also sheffield born and bread and lived in southampton for 32 years... becouse of him I'm an owl who travels up on my own to the games with my little daughter from Southampton... every time I climb the steps to see the kop I always have a tear in mu eye... just remember pal , you don't leave them you bring them with you wawaw

• Love 2

Sorry for your loss Pal...lhe will be with you at every game still...lost mine when.he was 64...took to my first game at 3....sometimes wish he hadn't!   No it was our thing, he wasn't the most chatty dad and wasn't one to praise us.

..praise was ...you did ok.

However we could talk all things football and that was enough

• Love 1

We were at School with your Dad.  Remember him v well.  Good footballer as well.  Didn’t see so much of him after the Cornwall move, although we did bump into him at the Exeter promotion game in 1980!

Much love and thoughts to you and your family.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, Marshall22 said:

We were at School with your Dad.  Remember him v well.  Good footballer as well.  Didn’t see so much of him after the Cornwall move, although we did bump into him at the Exeter promotion game in 1980!

Much love and thoughts to you and your family.

Like I said to 1967owl it would be great to be able to meet you sometime when I'm next up if you go to any games still. Thank you for your kind words 💙

• Like 1