Not immune from criticism

1 hour ago, S72 Owl said:

I can see why he didn’t want to make subs earlier. 

The players coming on were always going to make us weaker.

3/4 top goal scorers were on the bench.

Screenshot_20240413-225759.png.d76a45eda1dc4f82eee7d45ffb4a258d.png

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I mean, when your top goal scorer has a grand total of 7 goals...

Aye and Musaba has been shocking in front of goal in several games this season. Rotherham at home springs to mind.

We have a brand new manager in his first role and a load of misfit players ranging from old experienced pros to young exciting prospects.

To be where we are after the first suicidal third of the season is still remarkable and every one of us would've laughed at the fact that we're just one point off survival with three games left back in November.

I personally think Röhl got it wrong today and he'll mess up every now and again.

But I still think he's got a surprise or two left up his sleeve.

We're not done yet.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, SHUowl said:

3/4 top goal scorers were on the bench.

Screenshot_20240413-225759.png.d76a45eda1dc4f82eee7d45ffb4a258d.png

Yes but the way we were playing didn’t suit Musaba or Gassama I didn’t think. 

Surely you could see why he tried to leave the bigger lads on for as long as possible. 

Big summer signing up front was Ashley Fletcher.

At 1-1 we should have made those 90 minutes subs though. No idea why he waited until added time. Really bad timing of subs today. Like he forgot what time it was.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pat blondeau said:

And one of those was against Mansfield in the cup.

Our top goal scorer has 6 goals in the league 

Dismal isn't it.

20 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

And one of those was against Mansfield in the cup.

Our top goal scorer has 6 goals in the league 

Reality check. We might be playing Mansfield in the league next season ☹️

The signing of Ashley Fletcher set the tone for the season, no goals in 2+ years.

We will never know and it divides opinion but how many goals would Gregory have scored or set up?

Yes, Gregory isn’t the answer but you have a player available, ready, we need to score goals somehow and we don’t use him. 

Whatever the reason I think Danny shot himself in the foot with Gregory.

Just Gregory’s experience for the 10 minutes could have helped.

Edited by SheffWed
  • Like 1

Paterson should have come on at half time and for me should have gone up top with Smith like he did against Norwich. He made a huge impact against Norwich and was the main reason why we got a draw. Yesterday though Paterson came on and was non-existent (I think he went in to CM?). I also think Marvin had a terrible game. We had nothing going down that side in the first half except hopeful balls which never came off.

I also don't understand how there are all those experienced professional staff in the dugout and not one of them would have told Danny to make a sub at 75 minutes. Wouldn't Danny appreciate it if just one of them stood up and said Danny this aint working get some subs on.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SheffWed said:

Big fan of Röhl but that was ridiculous.

It was a must win game considering what was going on elsewhere.

We need to make changes earlier, change formation and apply pressure.

What makes this so much worse is Stoke was truly shocking, a absolute pile of sh*e, they was there for the taking and we waited, Stoke wanted a point, happy to sit back and ride it out.

@DSandersonOWL

15 hours ago, SheffWed said:

Big fan of Röhl but that was ridiculous.

It was a must win game considering what was going on elsewhere.

We need to make changes earlier, change formation and apply pressure.

What makes this so much worse is Stoke was truly shocking, a absolute pile of sh*e, they was there for the taking and we waited, Stoke wanted a point, happy to sit back and ride it out.

Good thing it was not a 'must win' game. We are still in the mix.  Stay positive.  We may still Röhl up table

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GoodyOwl said:

Paterson should have come on at half time and for me should have gone up top with Smith like he did against Norwich. He made a huge impact against Norwich and was the main reason why we got a draw. Yesterday though Paterson came on and was non-existent (I think he went in to CM?). I also think Marvin had a terrible game. We had nothing going down that side in the first half except hopeful balls which never came off.

I also don't understand how there are all those experienced professional staff in the dugout and not one of them would have told Danny to make a sub at 75 minutes. Wouldn't Danny appreciate it if just one of them stood up and said Danny this aint working get some subs on.

Paterson made the difference on Tuesday so was he not fit enough to do the same?

Bringing him on if Smith stays on does though mean more battering ram tactics.

1 minute ago, slinger208b said:

I was a six pointer so a 'must win'...

We are still in the mix so it was not a 'mwg' 

As another poster has just written, try to keep it simple, take it one game at a time 

Pity it was not a six-pointer then a draw would have given us 3 points 😀

• Haha 1