Nobody cares about the fans, especially the away fans and those who travel long distances to home games - 5 out of 12 Championship games moved for TV every weekend, so presumably there'll be a lot more Saturday evening and Sunday games now, maybe Monday as well. Crap.

Edited by alanharper
  • Like 3

Not sure this is meaning more games being moved ( I've not read the link tbf ) I've just signed a sky business account on the basis that there is going to be a large number of weekly games now shown on the red button so you might get to still watch only one game but have a choice of  5/6 fixtures 

1 minute ago, northeastowl said:

So in essence over 50% of our matches won't be at 3pm

There are 552 games in a championship season (excluding playoffs) and they're broadcasting at least 328 championship games so it's at least 59% assuming equal coverage per team. Realistically, 'bigger' teams competing at the top of the table are likely to have an even higher % of televised games 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Not sure this is meaning more games being moved ( I've not read the link tbf ) I've just signed a sky business account on the basis that there is going to be a large number of weekly games now shown on the red button so you might get to still watch only one game but have a choice of  5/6 fixtures 

Looks like they're doing away with the red button for midweek games, as well as IFollow - but with so many games being inevitably broadcast simultaneously I guess they'll still use it in some form.

Domestic Streaming

From the 2024/25 season onward, this agreement makes more matches available to stream and will effectively replace the current Sky Sports EFL red button coverage and the EFL's domestic streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services. Domestic streaming audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences via iFollow and club streaming services.

4 minutes ago, owler5 said:

There are 552 games in a championship season (excluding playoffs) and they're broadcasting at least 328 championship games so it's at least 59% assuming equal coverage per team. Realistically, 'bigger' teams competing at the top of the table are likely to have an even higher % of televised games 

248 live games shown from both League One and League Two as well, so about 45% of total games in those leagues.  And whilst in principle it's good for fans to be able to watch every Carabao and EFL Trophy game live, realistically the attendances for those games are going to be slashed even more.

9 minutes ago, lukeyswfc said:

It’s not so much that they move the dates, it’s how late they move them.

It should be set out months prior. Not 2 weeks prior.

They claim that’s improving - 

Increased notice for fans 

With the substantial increase in the number of live matches, Sky Sports and the EFL will introduce a new commitment for clubs and fans which will provide longer notice periods on TV selections. The defined notice periods will enable clubs and fans to plan further in advance and this will include the placement of all live matches selected for broadcast for the period to FA Cup third round before the start of the season. Greater parity in the number of times that clubs are selected for TV coverage is also guaranteed.

34 minutes ago, lukeyswfc said:

I believe its a month minimum notice under the new deal.

27 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Looks like international coverage continues as is

hope so..  my fear is the noon starts... that's 4am for me.

Hoping that the games will be on demand right away instead of just after midnight..  not holding much hope on that though..

The BRIGHT note is the Carabao Cup will be streamed live...  I am giddy with anticipation 😜

1 hour ago, lukeyswfc said:

With the substantial increase in the number of live matches, Sky Sports and the EFL will introduce a new commitment for clubs and fans which will provide longer notice periods on TV selections. The defined notice periods will enable clubs and fans to plan further in advance and this will include the placement of all live matches selected for broadcast for the period to FA Cup third round before the start of the season. Greater parity in the number of times that clubs are selected for TV coverage is also guaranteed.

I think they should decide their schedule at the beginning of the season

Then fans and clubs are already aware but  i know that is an absolutely ridiculous idea.!!!

Sky are in charge with PL and EFL bending over to their demands 

Its all wrong.