Message from Bambo Diaby ❤️

Always wondered how a professional athlete can still perform at top levels whilst following Ramadan 

got to say he seems to have exceeded in it over last month I didn't even realise he was undertaking it

top man

• Like 3

He looked as though Ramadan had taken its toll on Tuesday.

Not surprising. I don’t see how a top level athlete can be at their best with no food or water, so he’s generally done OK over the period of games.

46 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

I believe they had a break during the game on Tuesday for Ramadan.

They did, which was greeted by ‘You’ve only been playing 15mins, get on with it” from some Neanderthal near me on the Kop. Hope he feels pretty small about now (the fan not Bambo by the way)

There is an exemption from fasting if you are travelling (for more than 50 miles). You can defer the days and take them later. That should have covered most away games, and for the home games maybe they could just drive him to Holmfirth for a bit of sightseeing and back in the morning. Problem solved!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sambo89 said:

Has he got a Bovril in that second picture? 

I worked with an Egyptian woman who observed Ramadan. She told me that when the fast was broken at the end of the day they would drink hibiscus tea laced with honey.  The hibscus tea is very high in vitamin C and the honey boosts sugar levels.  Maybe its something like that he's drinking?

She gave me some hibiscus flowers and drinking the tea helped with my hay fever

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Fair play that fasting game.kid at work tried it that water fasting he did well all day on the 12 hour shift.then got home bout 7pm and said he lobbed 8 sausages in his air fryer.ate the lot! 🤣

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

There is an exemption from fasting if you are travelling (for more than 50 miles). You can defer the days and take them later. That should have covered most away games, and for the home games maybe they could just drive him to Holmfirth for a bit of sightseeing and back in the morning. Problem solved!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop