Latest odds on relegation (from Opta)

9 minutes ago, Owlinator said:

Blackburn are in real trouble with games they've got

they might think we have sheff weds at home who play 4 2 4 away from home an easy 3 points . they win that they probably safe . we only have 1 midfielder fit who is capable of playing at this level vaulks that to me is a major concern and in jan i just couldnt get that we let byers go buckley went back and bakinson went , hendricks put on sick leave leaving us massively short in centre mid.  when will reporters ask danny Röhl was it his decision or the loony owner? 

• Like 5

Basically sitting on the fence with a slight lean towards going down.

Sounds about right to me.

Bannan and Poveda being available, especially for the six pointers against Stoke, Blackburn and QPR will decide if we stay up or not. 53% chance is spot on I'd say.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sykes said:

Opta aren't doing that. They're going purely off statistics.

?

Statistics that don't include the relative quality of opposition's faced in the remaining fixtures are surely less likely to accurately predict the outcome of those fixtures than those that do.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Geörge Whitebread said:

?

Statistics that don't include the relative quality of opposition's faced in the remaining fixtures are surely less likely to accurately predict the outcome of those fixtures than those that do.

I didn't say otherwise, but Opta aren't sitting down and saying "ooo Blackburn have to play the top 4", it's more likely based on goals for/against etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Owlinator said:

Blackburn are in real trouble with games they've got

I bet there was a big sigh of relief when they saw their chances of going down is only 15.5%

They only have to turn up..job done.

• Haha 2

All these experts. According to the experts we’d be relegated at Christmas. Then it would be Easter now we’ll be relegated anyway.

Hopefully we can cope with the injuries and get the points we need. Then we can tell these Experts particularly the ones in Coventry, Hull, Huddersfield and Ipswich to F**K RIGHT OFF 🤣

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Sykes said:

I didn't say otherwise, but Opta aren't sitting down and saying "ooo Blackburn have to play the top 4", it's more likely based on goals for/against etc.

I'd've thought their system would take the remaining fixtures into account, that's all. 

It's not a very good system if it doesn't.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Geörge Whitebread said:

I'd've thought their system would take the remaining fixtures into account, that's all. 

It's not a very good system if it doesn't.

You're right, they will be modelling all the likely outcomes, and we're relegated in half of them

• Like 1

Our focus is this.... 

As this is only what WE can control. 

8 games left. 

24 points available. 

We need 50% hit rate to get to 50 pts. 

IF 50 points is enough? Think it is. 

We have 4 Home games left. 

Our Away form is shocking. 

Danny knows all that matters is the above now. Worries are.... Injuries. 

Lack of Midfield cover and if Vaulks gets injured or banned? 🙄

Lack of squad quality alarming tbh. 

BUT in Danny we trust don't we?