As i said in the other thread,  we would miss Bannan more as our centre midfield is weak enough without losing him.

Whereas we were able to win games without Poveda in December and January, and actually looked OK in the 1st half against Leeds.   

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Freshfish said:

5 seasons, maybe more.  Thats how long we've been short of a midfield with depth. Every close season a bunch of us point it out and nothing changes.  

Not sure how true that is. 

Thought we had plenty of options there in the 2 years in league 1.

Luongo/Vaulks

Bannan

Byers

Adenrian

Dele

Bakinson

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Both, Bannan still the beating heart of this team and Poveda can make things happen. Take either out of the team and we immediately look pedestrian and lacking any attacking spark, take both out of the team and we look absolute dogsh*t. 

That's not to take anything away from other players who are an honest bunch, but we've spoken a lot about quality this season and these two are the ones who both have genuine quality and can perform consistently 

8 minutes ago, Paul.. said:

Damn that makes me feel old! Seems she turned her life over to religion, must be doing something right, this is her at 63:

image.png.b1745ea90f96002be59246743bbd67ce.png

Yeah, I was shocked when I saw she was 63.

She's improved with age. 

Style might have something to do with it as well 😀

A good break before our next game so hopefully both will be fit plus windass and Patterson in the frame, also I was against Palmer in midfield but we looked more solid when he played there.

• Like 1