International Bailey!

So Cadamateri has been called up by both England and Jamaica.

I personally think he should go down the England route, but does anyone know how it works does he need to make a decision now or can he play both sides or even, play for both for now !?

• Like 1

He's still free to choose either at this point. A player can switch if they're under 21 and  played 3 or fewer competitive matches for the country as long as they're not tournament matches (world cup or euro finals for example)

If they're over 21 they can only switch if they've not played any competitive fixtures.

So in Baileys case he could actually play a couple of times for Jamaica then decide to switch to England as long as he doesn't play more than 3 times for them before he turns 21

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Dunkstar said:

He's still free to choose either at this point. A player can switch if they're under 21 and  played 3 or fewer competitive matches for the country as long as they're not tournament matches (world cup or euro finals for example)

If they're over 21 they can only switch if they've not played any competitive fixtures.

So in Baileys case he could actually play a couple of times for Jamaica then decide to switch to England as long as he doesn't play more than 3 times for them before he turns 21

Brilliant Thankyou for this.

@YesWeCrann has just reported he’s chosen the England call for now, just weird that he was named in both you’d have thought this would have been decided before the announcement 

Just now, Dutch McLovin said:

Brilliant Thankyou for this.

@YesWeCrann has just reported he’s chosen the England call for now, just weird that he was named in both you’d have thought this would have been decided before the announcement 

Sometimes players are called up without being consulted by the FAs.

England call up probably is the right choice for now - gets him into the England set up, arguably better exposure at his age than going and getting capped for Jamaica for 5-10 mins sub appearances (you’d assume).

• Like 3

Tricky one - I guess it depends a bit on how he actually feels... I'm guessing growing up in England he feels English, but how much has his Jamaican heritage played a role in shaping his life. Does he spend much time there, have many friends there...?

I'd be tempted to go for Jamaica:

Assuming he turns out as a top end Championship player, or even fair-to-middling Premier League player, then I could see an argument that playing for Jamaica could be great fun. He could get 100 caps. Score lots of goals, play in the latter stages of the Gold Cup, potentially even qualify for a World Cup or two (the tournament is expanding to 48 teams, and they seem to be bringing a good crop of players together... Bernard, Kasey Palmer, Antonio, Decordova-Reid, etc...).

Whereas for England, he'd have to make it right to the top to get a sniff. He's good, but I'm not sure he's that good.

• Like 4

At a guess he is probably best staying within the England youth system to see how far he goes in the next 3 years, as lets face it, Jamaica will probably still come calling when he is over 21, if he's still a championship standard player at that age.  

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

IMG_5588.jpeg

I think 2024 was about as far as I ever got with Championship Manager and some of these names would be well up there with all the regenerated ones they had. I remember my game had Rod Le Tissier playing up front for England.

The whole forward line is just amazing regen material: Ronnie Stutter, Will Lankshear, Amario Cozier-Duberry and Bailey Cadamarteri

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dunkstar said:

As an Irish Owl, I can confirm this after both Jack Grealish and Declan Rice jumped ship 😂

I hope he picks England it will increase his worth more being an England international than Jamaican.

not to mention on international breaks less chance of losing him for next few games after with amount of travel he will have. 

playing for england in season games will most likely be in Europe playing for Jamaica every home game is a flight of 10 hours and probably jet lag.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

I bet Ronnie Stutter takes the penalties. It's all in the run up.

my old mate had a stutter, we were out one night and someone was giving him grief for the way he spoke, my mate then hit the guy sparking him out, 

he then turned round and said…..that fu fu fu fu fcker doesn’t stutter.

the whole pub erupted, one of the best lines I’ve heard after a punch.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

IMG_5588.jpeg

That squad lineup looks like it would have made for a great night out down at The Empire in the 1930's.....

Max Merrick and his talking dog "Duchess"

Alfie  Dorrington "Ooh mother I can see your knickers"

Noel Buck, Blue Commedian

Ronnie Stutter and the incredible spinning plate show

Just 3 shillings including a fish supper, a pint of milk stout and the last tram home.

• Haha 1