Oooooh it's a corner!

6 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

I haven’t got excited about getting a corner for ages now. I do however cràp myself when we get one against us (and often rightly so).  

Less so surely, now that Dawson is not in net !!

I watched our U21s the other day win 3-0, one of which was a goal from a header that came directly from the corner cross. I was shook by the uncanny sight.

• Haha 1

On 13/03/2024 at 10:32, @owlstalk said:

Yeh I read that - does that mean we're simply not finishing the chances when they get sent in?

I watched Bannan's corners in the last match and they were really good/dangerous but no players came steaming in to finish them

Maybe because they’ve got use to the corners not appearing in the hotspot?

It’s been ages since we had a centre half coming up and burying a few headers

Reda and Llera were monsters at set pieces 

In recent years we’ve had Loovens, Hutchinson, Lees, Iheikwe, Iorfa,  Van Aken, Hector, Borner, Dunkley, Dean, Storey and now Bernard, Bambo and Famewo, all useless 

Imo centre half’s should be chipping in with at least 5 goals a season 

After all that, we go and score from two corners in seven minutes! 

Great deliveries from Vaulks, but for me the difference in attitude from those in the centre was palpable - they were determined to get on the end of those crosses, no matter what. 

We could do with a bit more of that in the remaining games...

• Like 1

Old skool goals by old fashioned players. It was that which got us out of L1 and maligned as not being forward thinking enough at this level which is right but we haven’t utilised this strength enough this season. Both offensively and defensively. Reminds me a bit of the very first Southampton home game, played off park trying to do it one way. But when we needed to even the odds it was getting the ball back to front against the better teams that nearly got us a point. Vaulks delivery seems to have a bit more whip on it too, so it only needs a touch