If you've been,were we that bad ?

First half was scrappy, but we didn't play too badly. 

Second half was the worst performance of the season. Was it 4 goals in 12 minutes? 

First goal was from a set piece. Their player just wanted it more and bullied his way through to head it in. 

The subsequent three goals were all absolutely shambolic and totally avoidable. Once the second went in, heads dropped and we totally capitulated. 

It was horrible watching. 

• Like 4

First 30 we were very good. 

Then upto HT we lost dominance.

Upto the first goal we were poor. The goal was coming.

From the first goal we were an absolute embarrassment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baytan Blue said:

I feel for you who have been, I'm usually the ultimate optimist but it doesn't look good.

I’m always optimistic.

You can look at the table and make an outside chance of escape, but having watched us play like that suggests to me we’ve almost no hope.

Just got back, first half we were the better of two poor teams, second half we looked like we hadn’t played together before. Why DR took Ugbo off, who was tracking back, and left Smith on, who couldn't trap a bag of cement is bizzare and probably led to us losing shape. That said at 0-0 Bannan had the goal at his mercy and passed the ball which went straight to the keeper. A goal there could have made a huge difference. 

• Like 1

Only watched on box. 60 mins probably the better of 2 bad teams. After the first goal just caved in with Kamikaze defending. . Once again the lack of a goal scorer showed. . Cant stick up for the defending just not good enough not even Sunday League standard. Chansiri time is up, on yer bike please. 

First 65 minutes there was nothing between both teams, if anything we looked a bit sharper and confident. There were no warning signs that we were about to fold like a pack of cards. Once that first goal went in, it was defending you'd been appalled to see in an under 13s game.

• Like 1

I’ve given them some stick today, but up until the goal, we edged it. Even the Huddersfield commentary were saying that. 

Its just the way we capitulated. Inadequate keeper and a defence that played like strangers, with the exception of Ikekwi. 

For 60 minutes we were slightly better than them.

Looked like the team that could knick it.

After the goal it was embarrassing. 

Reminded me so much of the performances the last time we were relegated.

Edited by S72 Owl
  • Like 2

I thought first 20mins we were good and easily the better team. Gassama and Musaba wasted some good opportunities. They then managed to keep us in our half and we were really struggling for an out ball - we couldn’t work out how to play it from the back and Smith wasn’t holding it up well. With the pressure we made a few mistakes and they got at us a few times. 

Made it to half time. 

Second half was pretty even but we weren’t really threatening. Pederson was our obvious weakness. Both teams had a load of corners but they made there’s count. From there on in there was a complete capitulation with the defence all at sea and no presence in midfield allowing them to thread through balls at will. Embarrassing.