Wilder

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think the nearest equivalent would be Wednesday getting Gary Megson back as manager.

Megson came in when we were in a real state after Irvine went and in a little over a year transformed us into a 3rd placed side that just needed a small tweak to get over the line, whereas in Wilder's final year he took them from midtable to rock bottom.  So I'll stick with the Jones analogy as he went from winning every week to being clueless in the space of a year!

• Like 1

Lots of them really happy about it on their forum. Lovely set of fans.

lol

Today at 12:32 AM

Wilder is a cowardly little buck passing cuxnt. Hope he gets hit by a train first thing tomorrow, I that's what it takes to keep him away from MY club.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Where are the wins going to come from to get them above either Bournemouth or Everton?

Three of their next four games are against Liverpool, Villa and Man City.

Any new life he'll have hoped to have breathed into them will have been winded out of them by the pummelings the title chasing teams will have dished out at the end of that run.

Unlike earlier in the season, they won't be taking it easy or showing any mercy. The title race is wide open and they'll see the blunts as a great opportunity to get the goal difference up. Luton have looked a class above them as well.

If he goes toe to toe with that lot, he'll be sacked by January. Best he can hope for are some gallant defensive displays where they only lose by two.

• Like 2

Mad decision that. The man's tactics were totally unraveled in their second season up. This will end the way his first tenure did. I'd have gone with Warnock over Wilder, he's at least proven in situations like these.

• Like 1

Wilder is a fraud and a ******** to match 

Flopped at pigs in the prem

Flopped at Middlesbrough

Flopped at watford 

Only good thing about the appointment will be it makes it more sweeter when they get relegated seeing his puppet face crying 

• Like 1

He is extremely lucky to get a job in Premier league even though it will probably only be for a short while. 

I doubt a premier league club have ever taken a manager on who's failed and been sacked in his previous two jobs in Championship. 

Only ones I can think of are our ex managers we sacked, Carlos who went to Swansea and Brian Laws who got Burnley job after we sacked him. 

• Like 1

If I supported them I'd not be unhappy. He'd lost control at the end but his record prior to that was absolutely outstanding including the first season after promotion. People prefer to deny that because they don't like the man, but that's the reality.

Can he get that back? Seems unlikely but you wouldn't want to say impossible surely.

Still most unlikely to be enough because it's a huge gap to safety, and the teams they need to catch are evidently stronger.

• Like 1