Good luck Fletch!

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-sunderland-reynolds-wrexham-27681255

Former Sheffield Wednesday striker Steven Fletcher has joined League Two promotion hopefuls Wrexham on a free transfer. The forward, previously of Wolverhampton Wanderers and Sunderland, has agreed a deal until the end of the season following his Dundee United release.

“Hopefully I can bring a lot of experience. I’m 36, I’m still fit and still raring to go,” Fletcher told Wrexham’s official website.

“One of the biggest selling points was the ambition of the club, and if I can help with that then great.

“I don’t think you can not see what has been happening at Wrexham – it’s been a great experience for the fans, players and owners so hopefully we can continue that.”

The Scotland striker was at S6 between 2016 and 2020, hitting double figures in three of his four seasons at the club. He worked under a number of different managers, including Carlos Carvalhal, Jos Luhukay, Steve Bruce and Garry Monk.

Fletcher, who also counts Hibernian, Burnley, Wolves, Marseille and Stoke City as his former clubs, was released by Dundee United in June after scoring 10 goals last term. Wrexham boss Phil Parkinson, who has had to start the campaign without injured striker Paul Mullin, said: “I’m really pleased with the addition of Steve to the squad.

“He’s missed football through pre-season but he’s trained today with the lads and it’s good to have him on board.

“His pedigree speaks for itself and he’s played most of his career at a very high level. He’s an excellent professional and that’s really important to fit in with the group here.”

Hollywood actors Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney own Wrexham. The Welsh club secured promotion back to the English Football League last term.

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I wouldn’t wish him luck, the way he conducted himself in his last game ruined any fondness for him for me

Would you risk injuring yourself if you knew you were leaving, and you hadn't been paid by your employers on more than one occasion?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I don’t think you have a great argument mark if you’re being paid to play football you should do that. It’s like saying ‘why score the penalty to send your team up as it means they will release you’ like Jack hunt perhaps?

You've not addressed the fact that he wasn't paid when he was due to be.

25 minutes ago, markowl said:

You've not addressed the fact that he wasn't paid when he was due to be.

He was paid and I paid to be there, so not happy about his lack of effort. He probably got paid as much as many people do in a year to do that. If you think that’s acceptable that’s fine, I don’t, others didn’t either

• Like 1

He came on, got "injured" and then came off again. 

That was his last ever app for us. 

Embarrassing. 

On 09/09/2023 at 11:59, markowl said:

Would you risk injuring yourself if you knew you were leaving, and you hadn't been paid by your employers on more than one occasion?

Tbf, Morgan Fox was in the exact same situation and he kept on playing until his contract expired. 

• Like 1