Good luck Fletch!

On 09/09/2023 at 11:59, markowl said:

Would you risk injuring yourself if you knew you were leaving, and you hadn't been paid by your employers on more than one occasion?

Absolutely no chance, I don't blame him one bit for doing what he did.  I don't like it as a fan, but he's got to do what's best for him and his Family, he's not the first and certainly won't be the last.  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Junglejay said:

Absolutely no chance, I don't blame him one bit for doing what he did.  I don't like it as a fan, but he's got to do what's best for him and his Family, he's not the first and certainly won't be the last.  

If it was ‘ok’ to do that, the end of the season would be farcical if everyone acted in a similar manner. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

If it was ‘ok’ to do that, the end of the season would be farcical if everyone acted in a similar manner. 

I never actually said it was OK, more that I don't blame him for doing what he did and if I'm honest, I would have done exactly the same thing.  The trouble is, you, me or anyone else on this forum have absolutely no idea how often it happens throughout the season, let alone the last game.  Is this any different to players who revealed they deliberately picked up yellow cards to miss the Boxing day/New Years fixtures?  I don't personally think so. 

Players will (and should) look out for number one and will be well aware that irrespective of service etc, a club will drop them like a stone if it suits their plans.

Dog eat Dog and as fans we're caught in the middle with an emotional attachment to a club but for the players, it's nothing more than business.

38 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

If Steven Fletcher ever plays against Wednesday I am booing him.

I'm sure he'd much rather this than a light ripple of applause when he came out to do the half time draw having endured some career ending injury in a meaningless end of season game for us. 

• Love 1

The disgraced Steven fletcher was offered a new contract .

What sticks in the throat with this charlatan was he earned a fortune here and spent most of his time playing Fortnite on the treatment table.  He had one decent half season under monk before he once more crocked himself and returned to his couch.  The club paid him millions in his time here for half a decent season, yet when he was fit and able to play at the end of the covid period he bailed on us, unlike Lee, Nuhiu etc.

yes he is entitled to do what he wants as a player.  He did nothing illegal.   However , he left in disgrace and will only ever be referred to as the disgraced Steven fletcher by any sane Wednesday fan .  Indeed @Owlstalk Admin Team should add an auto correct into the website to change ‘fletcher ‘ to ‘the disgraced Steven fletcher ‘ whenever it is typed .

• Like 3
  • Haha 2