Good luck Fletch!

2 hours ago, mcmigo said:

The disgraced Steven fletcher was offered a new contract .

What sticks in the throat with this charlatan was he earned a fortune here and spent most of his time playing Fortnite on the treatment table.  He had one decent half season under monk before he once more crocked himself and returned to his couch.  The club paid him millions in his time here for half a decent season, yet when he was fit and able to play at the end of the covid period he bailed on us, unlike Lee, Nuhiu etc.

yes he is entitled to do what he wants as a player.  He did nothing illegal.   However , he left in disgrace and will only ever be referred to as the disgraced Steven fletcher by any sane Wednesday fan .  Indeed @Owlstalk Admin Team should add an auto correct into the website to change ‘fletcher ‘ to ‘the disgraced Steven fletcher ‘ whenever it is typed .

AKA those who don't live in the real world ;-)

• Like 1

I don't like how he conducted himself before he left. I seem to recall Lee, Nuhiu and Fox all making themselves available knowing they were leaving in the summer. If he was being paid to sit on his arse during lockdown he should've extended his stay until the end of the season. If I was leaving for a new job I wouldn't down tools during my notice period so why is acceptable for a footballer to do this?

On 09/09/2023 at 13:07, Ellis Rimmer said:

He was paid and I paid to be there, so not happy about his lack of effort. He probably got paid as much as many people do in a year to do that. If you think that’s acceptable that’s fine, I don’t, others didn’t either

And some do.

It's called debate.

3 hours ago, Bannofan said:

My only ITK is that Fletcher preferred to languish on the treatment table than be part of the Luhukay side that was battling to stop up, and tried to get others to do the same. 

The disgraced Steven fletcher.

Thankfully Nuhiu , who is 3000 times the man that the disgraced Steven fletcher is , stepped up and saved us from relegation. 

• Love 2

You can't blame some fans for not having much time for a bloke who feigned injury in his last ever app for us. 

Yeah, I get it that his career, family etc., comes first, but the whole thing was so blatant. 

As I say, Morgan Fox was in the exact same situation and he played every single game until his contract was up and he moved on. 

Funnily enough, I think they both moved to the same club (Stoke). 

4 hours ago, Bannofan said:

My only ITK is that Fletcher preferred to languish on the treatment table than be part of the Luhukay side that was battling to stop up, and tried to get others to do the same. 

The bloke had an operation on his knee and was out for a long time .....who were the others he tried to have an operation ?

The man’s career has been an utter failure.

relegated at Burnley 

relegated at wolves

relegated at Dundee united

no trophies, no promotions. 

there is no love for Steven fletcher at any former club.  His arrival at a club costs clubs a lot of money and ends in failure, usually relegation.

wrexham are mad to sign him. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

The man’s career has been an utter failure.

relegated at Burnley 

relegated at wolves

relegated at Dundee united

no trophies, no promotions. 

there is no love for Steven fletcher at any former club.  His arrival at a club costs clubs a lot of money and ends in failure, usually relegation.

wrexham are mad to sign him. 

Like Reynolds and his yank counterparts have a clue what they’re signing off lol 

• Like 1