Sheepshag administration fc

They seem to still have this all we have to do is show up and we win the league mentality.

Finishing outside the playoffs last season should have woken them up but doesn’t seem to have. 

The league is weaker this season but it is never going to be easy.

Friend of mine went, as a neutral, and thought they were grim.

I always felt when we were down there that we had fans who inferred, bizarrely, from the fact that fifteen or so teams are pretty useless that it's easy to escape from. Sunderland and Ipswich served longer sentences than we did, as back in the day did the Pigs. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HighworthOwl said:

They seem to still have this all we have to do is show up and we win the league mentality.

Now where have I heard that before.......?

4 hours ago, HighworthOwl said:

The league is weaker this season but it is never going to be easy.

Exactly. Any relegated team that assumes they can go straight back up simply because they're "too big" for L1 deserves the rude awakening they'll almost certainly be given.

9 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Shows you hard awkward that league is. 

So happy we’re out of it, and hoping we never ever have to go through it again. 

^^^^^This

The pressure on the fanbase to get promoted from League 1 seems far more intense than staying up this season.

2 minutes ago, Birstall Owl said:

^^^^^This

The pressure on the fanbase to get promoted from League 1 seems far more intense than staying up this season.

You just have to escape League One. 

The fear that you might get sucked in and not escape for many years. Has happened to quite a few "big" clubs. 

We've done well to get promoted in the second season at the time of asking every time. 

Problem is then trying to bridge that gap between League One and the Championship. There are some good teams in League One, but there's a fair bit of cannon fodder who are pretty much nailed on wins for a team like us (assuming we are reasonably at it...*coughs*Forest Green). 

In the Champ, I don't think you get many easy games tbh. 

• Like 1