We’ve gone 99 years but a trophy ain’t won

9 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

Stoke did something similarly shady to Chansiri, they just put it in the correct accounting period.

No they did something completely different.

Chansiri sold the stadium to himself and back dated the receipt ( which the EFL agreed to him doing during a meeting at deepdale, according to the evidence presented at the hearing, though the is was disputed by the FL)

Stoke have turned debt into equity (shares) which is currently acceptable under the rules, and an option that was available to chansiri.

Very different options taken 

8 hours ago, Plonk said:

Chansiri sold the stadium to himself and back dated the receipt ( which the EFL agreed to him doing during a meeting at deepdale, according to the evidence presented at the hearing, though the is was disputed by the FL)

Stoke have turned debt into equity (shares) which is currently acceptable under the rules, and an option that was available to chansiri.

DC has turned debt into equity a number of times, this has nothing to do with losses and doesn’t circumvent FFP/P&S

12 hours ago, Plonk said:

I was just making a Channers accounting period joke. 

15 hours ago, kirksandallowl said:

DC has turned debt into equity a number of times, this has nothing to do with losses and doesn’t circumvent FFP/P&S

Then why haven't stoke been charged they have had massive losses?

On 24/03/2024 at 10:35, kirksandallowl said:

Has he?

(I'm not having a go btw, just interested  and wondered when because I can't recall)

32 minutes ago, striker said:

Has he?

(I'm not having a go btw, just interested  and wondered when because I can't recall)

Most recent in 2019, £21m worth

IMG_0458.thumb.jpeg.876583227520f9d4c4e3c1f19f0d9816.jpeg

Edited by kirksandallowl
  • Thanks 1

That will probably take a while but owing £10m when they’re already citing financial worries is hilarious.

It was so easy to see this guy was a fraud. They just desperately needed the money it seems. Probably hoped they’d go up and stay up and it wouldn’t be an issue.

• Like 1

On 25/03/2024 at 14:22, IWEDFM said:

Unfortunately this money has helped them in the short term, without it there was a real chance of administration which they have swerved

If they do have to pay it back in the future it won't have the same impact....so I guess they won't mind as effectively it was just another loan, like all the others 

15 hours ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Unfortunately this money has helped them in the short term, without it there was a real chance of administration which they have swerved

If they do have to pay it back in the future it won't have the same impact....so I guess they won't mind as effectively it was just another loan, like all the others 

Won't it have to be shown in the accounts as a liability, rather than income now, as it may have too repaid? In which case it may have an impact? 

Not aimed directly at you, nb, more a general question for those that understand accounts?