Wrexham United

5 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Can't understand why anyone wouldn't want them to do well unless your a Chester fan of course. They're a decent sized club that has spent 15 years in non league. As a fan base they deserve some success. 

giphy.gif

• Like 3

12 hours ago, alanharper said:

Isn't there a rule that sponsors are limited on how much they can pay? i.e. it has to be the "going rate" for the level of the club, its why Chansiri couldn't get around FFP by paying millions for our shirt sponsorship.

Or does that not apply to "fairytales" where clubs have a suddem massive financial advantage over their peers? 

I suppose they could point to their TV show and the exposure that brings to knock that out of the water very easily

12 hours ago, McRightSide said:

I suppose they could point to their TV show and the exposure that brings to knock that out of the water very easily

It’s almost certainly more than what we get from our Eyup sponsorship. At league 2 it’s going to be a huge advantage where there is a turnover based wage cap 

It’s all very ‘soft’ support. But it’s what advertisers dream of. 

He'd have been a decent 2nd choice, but we all know the only reason he's there is nothing to do with his love for Wrexham like he's churning out. 

The exposure and chance to hob nob with the A listers and build his own brand is the only reason