Coventry vs M’boro

Just now, The Hoppy Hopper said:

I suppose it depends on your age. I remember them both being established top flight teams. Coventry for a very long time.

Coventry were just dipping out of the premier league when I started watching, definitely missed Luton 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Hoppy Hopper said:

I suppose it depends on your age. I remember them both being established top flight teams. Coventry for a very long time.

Cov were in the top flight for about three decades. 

11 minutes ago, scram said:

Richest game in world football being played between Luton and Coventry...

Which is a great advert for the English football pyramid. Two teams who were at the top 35 40 years ago and have been right down to the bottom and in one case out are now back fighting it to make it back.

Work, plan, develop and despite the money sloshing around anyone can do it. I love it

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MSN SYSOP said:

Shows how we have been mismanaged for 20+ years.......I don't mind either Luton or Coventry being promoted they both deserve it. 

Oh no I love it too, just saying it’s wild. Both have been much lower than even we have over the last 20 years 

Amazing, Luton since winning the conference have been consistently remarkable. I'll be there at Wembley in there end, but fear for them if they go up. 

Coventry similarly, the fall to the 4th tier then back up again, both teams hardly littered with big names. Youthful and full of running 

12 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Amazing, Luton since winning the conference have been consistently remarkable. I'll be there at Wembley in there end, but fear for them if they go up. 

Coventry similarly, the fall to the 4th tier then back up again, both teams hardly littered with big names. Youthful and full of running 

Don’t fear for them. Regardless of results they’ll have an amazing season in the premier league if they go up, and if they go down they’ll get their parachute payments 

They will and generally are well run, but losing every week, massively inflated contracts and all the expense of the behind the scenes things. 

If we ever go up I hope we are smart enough to invest the money in state of the art facilities rather than spaffing it all on a couple of players 

15 hours ago, SiJ said:

Cov were in the top flight for about three decades. 

Coventry were in the top flight for 34 consecutive seasons from 1967 (getting promoted under Jimmy Hill) to 2001.

Only I think Arsenal, Everton and Liverpool were in the top flight longer when they got relegated.

Think Mark Robins is a good manager.

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

Hope Coventry do it. 

Their fans have gone through utter hell with the stadium situation. Deserve a day in the sun. 

Havn't Luton gone through just as much?

Seems every club apart from Wednesday has they day in the sun.

I don't mind Luton or Coventry think both seem to have fans who are mainly every day people.

16 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Havn't Luton gone through just as much?

Seems every club apart from Wednesday has they day in the sun.

I don't mind Luton or Coventry think both seem to have fans who are mainly every day people.

Yes Luton had a lot of financial problems around 15 years ago which ended with them in the national league. So their fans have indeed suffered a lot too. 

And yep, SWFC easily the biggest underachiever of clubs our size in the last 20 years. 

• Like 1