Euro 2028 UK&Ireland Bid

Would be good to host one lets be honest 

But you just know theyll give it to Turkey to spite us. Not that Turkey won't do a good job and that it would be  decent tournament in a country that loves its football. And the positive I guess is I mainly holiday there in June... 

If we got it Id push the holiday back though lol 

On 13/04/2023 at 10:00, Bannofan said:

Good point.

I guess it you could say it was a perfect storm of   post covid freedom/summer sun/ English drugs/drinking culture/ English entitlement &  poor  planning and security  by Wembley, the FA and UEFA.

Not really sure why the authorities allowed England fans to get absolutely blooted around the stadium. You could see on the TV whilst the gantry talk was going on that the atmosphere was getting to the point where things could turn nasty. Obviously, that doesn't excuse the kn*bheads, but when all considered, the match should have been managed much better than it was.

10 hours ago, DCFCOwls said:

Would be good to host one lets be honest 

But you just know theyll give it to Turkey to spite us. Not that Turkey won't do a good job and that it would be  decent tournament in a country that loves its football. And the positive I guess is I mainly holiday there in June... 

If we got it Id push the holiday back though lol 

Turkey have got some great grounds I went on a ground at Besiktas recently. It is a fantastic stadium.

Nah they wont allow any trouble over there. Similar to Qatar theyll let nothing ruin their hosting the cops over there will be on strict orders. The locals will be on their best behaviour.

Its only here where we let that kind of sh!t go on 

On 12/04/2023 at 21:51, Bannofan said:

No, I think if it was logistically possible then I think Wales, Scotland, NI and ROI should hold it without us.

The English people and football fans all that finals day were a complete embarrassment.  I just don't think we deserve to have that opportunity again. 

My opinion, I know I'm in the minority. 

Considering we are bidding against Turkey I think it's fair to say we are completely fine on the fan behaviour front. You ever seen the ultra culture? Police vs fans, car bombing, petrol bombing, pyro, riot, flare, pistol shooting fans? 

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

Joint Turkey and Italy bid for 2032.  It's getting a bit silly now, that makes about as much sense geographically as a Portugal/Switzerland or England/Austria joint bid.

Joint bids should literally be consigned to neighbouring countries only. Once again it’s the fans who will be hit.   

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, DCFCOwls said:

Our bid is as stupid as Turkey/Italys though 

Five nations ffs, so thats five places already gone meaning only about 37 left to play for 

Its all gotten silly if we're being honest

Feels like it’s a political thing. The only way to build sufficient support to win the bid. If England had gone for it alone I’d imagine far more resistance. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DCFCOwls said:

Our bid is as stupid as Turkey/Italys though 

Five nations ffs, so thats five places already gone meaning only about 37 left to play for 

Its all gotten silly if we're being honest

I think a UK bid with one ground in the Republic is a  credible idea.

The Italian/Turkish bid seems a totally unnatural alliance.