Euro 2028 UK&Ireland Bid

8 hours ago, MSN SYSOP said:

Only 1 country should hold the euros and world Cup.....what next England Australia and Argentina hosting world Cup together...

I guess it’s a way of giving a chance to smaller countries who don’t have the infrastructure to host it themselves. For example, Denmark was exploring a Nordic bid alongside Sweden and Norway. Provisions should be put in place to minimise the extent fans have to travel between games. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

I guess it’s a way of giving a chance to smaller countries who don’t have the infrastructure to host it themselves. For example, Denmark was exploring a Nordic bid alongside Sweden and Norway. Provisions should be put in place to minimise the extent fans have to travel between games. 

it hasn't worked out like that with the US, Mexico and Canada winning the World Cup bid!

It'd be much better for it to be a UK and Ireland bid minus England

Would mean some upgrades and maybe a couple of new stadiums

Maybe "borrow" a venue or 2 in England such as Newcastle/Liverpool

Otherwise it's likely England will dominate

2 hours ago, scram said:

It'd be much better for it to be a UK and Ireland bid minus England

Would mean some upgrades and maybe a couple of new stadiums

Maybe "borrow" a venue or 2 in England such as Newcastle/Liverpool

Otherwise it's likely England will dominate

Of course we would dominate and I think we should.

Wales and both Irelands don't have sensible standard national leagues

Take the 2 Glasgow clubs out of Scotland and they are not much better. I doubt if any of.the others would be credible premier league teams.

Effectively its an English bid with the 'national ' stadiums of the others as token  guests.

Ps I think the bid is spot on , I don't think there is anywhere more suited.

Pps I like travelling in Ireland(s), Scotland and Wales a lot. I am not anti their countries for one moment

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scram said:

What has the standard of their clubs got to do with it?

I think it has everything to do with it  , I don't think the other nations are credible without England.

There can be an argument that Scotland does have a full time league but at best it only has 3 stadiums that are suitable. I apologise if the Edinburgh clubs have 50k plus stadia

For a UK and Ireland minus England tournament you could have:

Murrayfield

Hampden

Ibrox

Celtic Park

Millenium Stadium 

Cardiff City Stadium

New Casement Park

Croke Park

Aviva Stadium 

Tbf thats still an average capacity of around 50,000.

I suppose England is included because it makes it much more lucrative for UEFA and they want a knees up in London. 

Edited by owls maniac

8 minutes ago, scram said:

Which is why i said they could "adopt" a couple of areas of England - North East and North West perhaps - to give up to 7 more stadiums while not really increasing the geographical area much at all

But why not simply use the best already developed stadiums on this island. That really has to include Wembley. I think it's where the players would choose to play the final and where the most number of fans will get to see it.

Because its about giving the other nations their turn in the spotlight

Have an England bid by all means - but a combined bid dominated by England is unfair imo

If it's just about getting the tournament to the biggest and best stadiums then it'd just rotate between England, Spain, Italy and Germany - with a cameo from France

1 hour ago, owls maniac said:

For a UK and Ireland minus England tournament you could have:

Murrayfield

Hampden

Ibrox

Celtic Park

Millenium Stadium 

Cardiff City Stadium

New Casement Park

Croke Park

Aviva Stadium 

Tbf thats still an average capacity of around 50,000.

I suppose England is included because it makes it much more lucrative for UEFA and they want a knees up in London. 

For the sake of cutting England out it’s then confined to just 5 cities then… absolutely pointless 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, scram said:

Have an England bid by all means - but a combined bid dominated by England is unfair imo

If it's just about getting the tournament to the biggest and best stadiums then it'd just rotate between England, Spain, Italy and Germany - with a cameo from France

But this way does let some of the biggest and best stadiums in the world such as hampden, millenium stadium and Aviva Stadium host a tournament. While the countries wouldnt be able to hold it alone. 

17 hours ago, scram said:

If Ireland (s) and Wales want to be in the sporting  spotlight let them host the tournament their populations really want to watch the equivalent Rugby Union one 

27 minutes ago, Geedee said:

If Ireland (s) and Wales want to be in the sporting  spotlight let them host the tournament their populations really want to watch the equivalent Rugby Union one 

to put it into perspective these countries haven't even been able to host a rugby World Cup due to lack of suitable stadiums and infrastructure for it etc

• Like 1