19 minutes ago, alanharper said:

ffs, corporate waaankers turning up for the new ground and denying tickets to those of us who've travelled away all season

homer-sand.gif

Home end it is then.   

Hope it rains lol 

Corporate have tickets for every away game from start of season 

3 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Corporate have tickets for every away game from start of season 

Do they take them up for every game though?

Something's changed, given that I'm further away from phase 3 for FGR than I was for Fleetwood in December - despite FGR being a bigger allocation and me having tickets for 9/9 away and cup games since then.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Drewswfc said:

I've just registered a couple of hour ago and bought a ticket but I've not received an email with my print at home ticket yet....does it take a while to come through?

22 hours ago, stellaowl said:

got mine instantly Drew.

Do you have Sheffield postcodes? Not letting me purchase because I "appear to have the postcode of an away supporter", but I don't see a way around it as if I put in a false one the card payment wouldn't work.

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

Do you have Sheffield postcodes? Not letting me purchase because I "appear to have the postcode of an away supporter", but I don't see a way around it as if I put in a false one the card payment wouldn't work.

Just tried myself but wouldn't accept because of postcode. 

7 hours ago, bradowl said:

I guess any Wednesday fans living down South would be ok for purchasing tickets in home end. 

Yes, think so, mine hasn’t been cancelled yet, touchwood.

Incidentally, whilst on the subject of buying tickets in the home end - I have tried unsuccessfully to get one for Shrewsbury away on 29 April. Even though I registered an account with the club way back in January, they won’t let me buy one because I don’t have a previous purchase history.

There are going to be quite a few disappointed Wednesdayites who won’t get to go to this game unfortunately.

12 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

Incidentally, whilst on the subject of buying tickets in the home end - I have tried unsuccessfully to get one for Shrewsbury away on 29 April. Even though I registered an account with the club way back in January, they won’t let me buy one because I don’t have a previous purchase history.

There are going to be quite a few disappointed Wednesdayites who won’t get to go to this game unfortunately.

Shrewsbury Town and disappointment is a fact of life for Wednesdayites!

Could you not get a ticket for one of Shrewsbury's other home games this season, and then get a Wednesday ticket? I know that's obviously going to cost more but at least you should get in.

14 hours ago, Kew Owl said:

Tickets are going to be in shorts supply for all remaining away games. Small allocations everyone. 

16 hours ago, alanharper said:

Shrewsbury Town and disappointment is a fact of life for Wednesdayites!

Could you not get a ticket for one of Shrewsbury's other home games this season, and then get a Wednesday ticket? I know that's obviously going to cost more but at least you should get in.

No, I’m afraid not - Shrewsbury have set a cut off date of 1 March - only tickets purchased before that date count towards creating a purchase history.

25 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

No, I’m afraid not - Shrewsbury have set a cut off date of 1 March - only tickets purchased before that date count towards creating a purchase history.

Yet Shrewsbury were more than happy to accept our £1000 to book a table of 10 in corporate for the game knowing full well we were Wednesday fans

Does seem a little short sighted of some of these clubs to not provide more tickets in what are half empty grounds

surely it makes more financial sense for clubs like forest green to cash in on large away support. Accrington are the only ones to do this 

• Like 1

Find it strange that Forest Green don't also allocate one of the standing areas behind the goals to away fans when they're going to be a guaranteed sellout against the likes of Wednesday, Derby, Plymouth. It's not as if they fill them when they usually get around 2k home fans attending, any ST holders on there could switch to the opposite end or even get a free upgrade to the seated stand.

3 hours ago, yeadonowl said:

Yet Shrewsbury were more than happy to accept our £1000 to book a table of 10 in corporate for the game knowing full well we were Wednesday fans

Does seem a little short sighted of some of these clubs to not provide more tickets in what are half empty grounds

surely it makes more financial sense for clubs like forest green to cash in on large away support. Accrington are the only ones to do this 

agree but if you went to shewsbury last season you will have noticed a huge police presence ,if we were given a 1000 extra that could cost that club a huge amount in extra policing 

regards accrington cant praise them enough they treated us so well on our 2 visits ,its a shame they dont have any supporters of there own 

On 18/03/2023 at 12:50, bladeshater said:

Got 1 this morning from reserve list 

I got 2 as well. Chuffed with that, although at first when they said it was Sheffield Wednesday I thought they wanted me to play up front on Tuesday lol 

Odd that they'd have returns so soon after they went on sale, so maybe it was corporates etc. not taking up their options or something. Anyway, I take back my previous comment about hoping that it rains next Sunday!

On 18/03/2023 at 12:09, morganowl said:

agree but if you went to shewsbury last season you will have noticed a huge police presence ,if we were given a 1000 extra that could cost that club a huge amount .

I think Clubs only pay for policing inside the stadium which you rarely see these days.

14 minutes ago, acquiescefc said:

those with away tickets, is it a physical ticket or a QR code?

have QR code for Home end..  

Not got mine yet but I assume its a physical ticket (with a QR code as they have electronic turnstiles) as they're posting them out.  The emails for "print at home" home end tickets have a QR code to print/scan, it's in the email itself, it's not even an attachment.