17 hours ago, morganowl said:

dont know why its taking so long to go on sale . at the earliest it will go on sale from tues next week now.  are the police local sag etc causing issues what dont exist? i know that they have buses across from the pub near stoke station which take  the supporters up to port vale, or is that just for stoke city games? need my away day fix and it looks like there wont be any train strikes that day. 

Think that's just Stoke Away mate when at The Terrace by the station.  Vale is the other side of Stoke-on-Trent; we'll all be drinking in Hanley (Stoke-on-Trent's town centre, not to be confused with 'Stoke town' which isn't the town centre...) beforehand. 

On 02/09/2022 at 22:59, OohhJohnnyJohnny said:

3000 allocation and an away fans drinking ban within 8 miles of the stadium. That’s the policy this season.

So we'll have to go to Crewe beforehand for a swift half... come off it. 
Like saying away fans can only drink in Chesterfield for our games.
They'll probably be more of us than Vale fans - You'll be fine to drink around Hanley or Newcastle-under-Lyme.

Edited by Olly1996

44 minutes ago, Stevebrucebarmyarmy said:

Just heard train strike 1st October bloody typical !!!

i honestly didnt think they would call any more strike dates until after funeral and with 14day rule that would have been after 3rd oct . cant stand any party but i hope new laws come out to stop strikes in certain sectors ,it will be costing businesses billions in lost revenue .  so another away day ruined , 

1 hour ago, morganowl said:

i honestly didnt think they would call any more strike dates until after funeral and with 14day rule that would have been after 3rd oct . cant stand any party but i hope new laws come out to stop strikes in certain sectors ,it will be costing businesses billions in lost revenue .  so another away day ruined , 

They have a right to take industrial action for better pay and conditions just like any employee 

Edited by bladeshater
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Olly1996 said:

So we'll have to go to Crewe beforehand for a swift half... come off it. 
Like saying away fans can only drink in Chesterfield for our games.
They'll probably be more of us than Vale fans - You'll be fine to drink around Hanley or Newcastle-under-Lyme.

Why you kicking off at me? I’m just saying what the policy is. 

3 hours ago, bladeshater said:

They have a right to take industrial action for better pay and conditions just like any employee 

im not saying who deserves what pay and conditions but when it effects other businesses and people then it becomes a serious problem . there should be arbitration for this . its always saturday what seems to be a strike day too .  

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

tbf Port Vale is a nightmare to get to by train anyway. It's too far to walk from Stoke station, the nearest regional station is still a good half an hour walk, so it'd mean faffing about with buses or taxis which would obviously be rammed after the game

agree . id be more upset if the lincoln or cambridge is a strike day . i certainly dont want to drive to cambridge . 

31 minutes ago, morganowl said:

im not saying who deserves what pay and conditions but when it effects other businesses and people then it becomes a serious problem . there should be arbitration for this . its always saturday what seems to be a strike day too .  

That's the idea of industrial action you take when it's most effective 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The coach said:

Thought we might have had some nws yday..looks like its goin to be tuesday now

i have known them announce it at wkds before if not the earliest it will be on sale will be  weds , clearly there sag safety group are delaying the process along with postal strikes and train strikes it makes an away day harder to plan. 

12 minutes ago, Sir Says said:

I don't think East Midlands drivers are striking so should still be able to get the train to Vale via Derby.

Nearest station to Vale Park is Longport which you can get to direct from Derby but it will be a 2 carriage unit so will probably be rammed.

CARNAGE!! probably just put one carriage on to take the pi55

1 hour ago, morganowl said:

i have known them announce it at wkds before if not the earliest it will be on sale will be  weds , clearly there sag safety group are delaying the process along with postal strikes and train strikes it makes an away day harder to plan. 

Hopefully PV are trying to give us the full 4100..it’s mental having 900 seats covered in netting

Guest I Love Coffee
1 hour ago, HirstIsGod said:

The ticket details were announced earlier

I think he was asking in the context of which sale stage will they make before selling out.

I think they might make season ticket holders