Hello from a new joiner

4 minutes ago, Johnain the Mackrm said:

Hi. Thanks for taking a look.

I was born in Plymouth, July 1944 (not a typo).  My arrival triggered the demise of Adolf Hitler a paltry 11months later. He must have been terrified!  What with me and Stalin he never stood a chance.

Two years later my parents saw the light and we arrived in Sunderland. They always claimed that leaving Plymouth was because of the German bombing from La Rochelle but I am convinced that it was because they longed for a decent football club to follow. After all my half English mum (other half was French)  had to attend the game in Plymouth and my Dad followed Blackburn.  They both went to Roker Park and once I was 6 I was taken with them to the main stand seats. Sadly my mum had one of 4 Catholic Priests in the seat in front of her and he had a pretty good knowledge of English foul language, so she dropped out after 2 seasons with me there. I stayed. Lots to learn.

I have spent a huge part of my life working around the world as an IT Consultant once I left the (French) army. so very, very many trips back to Sunderland for games. I have mainly lived in France or in England, I love them both.  Sunderland has been my club all my life. However I have seen a lot of Rangers games and often (when in France) I often go to see Athletic club  Bilbao, It's a nice weekend from my French home. I still cannot speak Basque, but Occitan and French are useful communication corridors. Just as well!!

If there was a losing trophy at Wembley Sunderland would win it. Thus I am not looking optimistically at our Wembley match on 21.05.2020 against the smart, sleek kings of southern football that is Wickham Wanderers. As long as they don't win the fair play trophy I will try to remain calm.

Your club has always been one of the REAL clubs in English Football and I have always respected you because of that.

You were one of the first football clubs in history, I think I am right in saying that you were in the Football Alliance from1889,  then Football league from 1892. Since when, you won the Division One in England four times (1903, 1904, 1929 and 1930). Not bad!!  But you guys / gals KNOW football and love it. I respect you.

What a show we both put on in our two matches to get to Wembley.  Either of us could of won and I wish you all the very, very best for next season. I expect you to bypass the playoffs.  Mind if we are beaten by the butchers of Wycombe tomorrow we can look forward to a great tussle in League 1 next year.

Good luck to you all (if we do beat them).

If you were born in Plymouth and then lived in Sunderland - yous can barely speak English Pal!!  Only joking, welcome to the site and good luck tomorrow.

• Haha 2

I am a little unsure. That's because of Pritchard in our ranks. 

I have seen some of Barry Bannon  and been very impressed by it. But I was surprised that O'Nien closed him out so easily in our games.  He shows a clear ability to find the net and has the strength, normally, to show strength when needed.  I think he will be a big asset next season for you.

Pritchard is, I think somewhat weak physically and should get more goals for that reason. As a midfield playmaker he excels in redirecting play and paddink killer balls. to our geniune strikers

Just now, Johnain the Mackrm said:

I am a little unsure. That's because of Pritchard in our ranks. 

I have seen some of Barry Bannon  and been very impressed by it. But I was surprised that O'Nien closed him out so easily in our games.  He shows a clear ability to find the net and has the strength, normally, to show strength when needed.  I think he will be a big asset next season for you.

Pritchard is, I think somewhat weak physically and should get more goals for that reason. As a midfield playmaker he excels in redirecting play and paddink killer balls. to our geniune strikers

Bannon?

Tin hat time.....take cover

5 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

If you were born in Plymouth and then lived in Sunderland - yous can barely speak English Pal!!  Only joking, welcome to the site and good luck tomorrow.

It's worse than that. I have used French for years too!!  Imagine, Norman, then Breton, Then a whole variety of North African and Maroc French.

I like your insertion of "Yous" though. Pure Mackem.

Thanks for the good wishes. I respond with the same for you guys next season.

Welcome to Owlstalk pal and all the best for tomorrow.

Speaking from a selfish point of view I think next season you guys would be a far bigger threat in this league than Wycombe so I’m hoping you go up so we don’t have to worry about you.

1 minute ago, Johnain the Mackrm said:

It's worse than that. I have used French for years too!!  Imagine, Norman, then Breton, Then a whole variety of North African and Maroc French.

I bet your 'Alexa' has gone off sick with a stress related illness?

11 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

Bannon?

Tin hat time.....take cover

I tried to find a comparison in our lot because when Bannon is good, he really is good. However he really didn't seem to me to be putting in a full shift during our games, perhaps because of O'Nien II always mis-spell that) who is an ex-Wycombe lad who has starting to play football since he joined us, but had a fit of the "Wycombes" in our two games.

Tin hat on my head now . . . . . Ooooch  

1 hour ago, Johnain the Mackrm said:

Bloody hell mate don’t worry language issues on here, we got Aussies yanks Germans and the odd few from Sheffield. If you don’t understand summat just try shouting.

seriously though good look tomorrow and welcome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Welcome! I have to say, all the Mackems that have joined the forum in the last few weeks have been quality people it must be said. I've had a spot for the Toon since the Robson days but I think I might be on the turn now that they're a Saudi Oil McClub and all the Mackems seem like much more enjoyable people. One more of ya and I think I'll be a convert.  

• Like 1

Lovely introduction post,made me laugh.

Good luck tomorrow, i think youll win comfortably.

PS, all sunderland fans.......dont expect the same friendliness from the scrubbers at the other side of sheffield next season. They are a totally different breed to us