Sick and tired

Just now, GermanBird said:

I personally would be more critical with the manager or the players, if there was a room for some proper discussion, which would not automatically lead into senseless hate posts from some people here. 

(as mentioned before... I do like your posts and you surely would be needed in the thread for the sensible discussions)

It's why I stay off around games, it's not worth the inbox explosion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tewkesbury said:

It's why I stay off around games, it's not worth the inbox explosion.

I just would love to have a seperate forum on those days to have some sensible critical discussions.

It's very difficult for me to resist the temptation to open Owlstalk 

9 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

Changing managers means that you always have to start again from scratch. New managers want new players, new backroom staff etc.

Look at Ipswich. They have a large wage bill as well, did not have our injury crisis and finished 11th as they also had to put a whole new squad together.

He clearly said, that getting into the play-offs without getting promoted has to result in sacking the manager.

Many others on owlstalk said that not making the play-offs has to result in sacking the manager.

Our situation as a club was worse than the situation of most clubs. Look back to the end of last season and tell me one other club in league one, who was in such as mess as we were.

Tell me a club in league one who brought in championship and premiership players

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

Well, whoever is right in this tiff isn't reaaly the issue.

The issue is that defeat in the play-offs generally triggers a hangover the following season, as evinced by the fragrant Carlos.

Not sacking him after Huddersfield was fatal, as it robbed us of a third shot at promotion under someone else.

What we don't want is to be looking for a new manager in January who's little hope of bringing in who he needs until next summer.

That would be yet another season wasted and condemn us to a third season in the Third.

But the season after we lost the playoff final we got to the semi final? So by rights shouldn't we have sacked Carlos after the Hull defeat?

Just now, GermanBird said:

Did WE sign any player, who would be able to compete in the Premiership right now?? 

I'm pretty certain bpf is a premiership goalkeeper, I'm certain he's played there.

Buy yes please ignore what I said and keep clapping

If you keep it up till August then we will win the league pfffft

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

Changing managers means that you always have to start again from scratch. New managers want new players, new backroom staff etc.

Look at Ipswich. They have a large wage bill as well, did not have our injury crisis and finished 11th as they also had to put a whole new squad together.

He clearly said, that getting into the play-offs without getting promoted has to result in sacking the manager.

Many others on owlstalk said that not making the play-offs has to result in sacking the manager.

Our situation as a club was worse than the situation of most clubs. Look back to the end of last season and tell me one other club in league one, who was in such as mess as we were.

Wigan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

I just would love to have a seperate forum on those days to have some sensible critical discussions.

It's very difficult for me to resist the temptation to open Owlstalk 

I was looking through the Sunderland forum through the game, nice to see a different point of view.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MBMitchell said:

So he's a premiership goalkeeper and is part of a premiership squad

So what about the championship players, or do you want to ignore that part of my post

Sorry, I don't know the other teams well enought to tell you, which of their players played some cup games in the PL.

There are many players in league one, who did play Championiship in the past or will do so in the future. 

11 minutes ago, Gbear1867 said:

But the season after we lost the playoff final we got to the semi final? So by rights shouldn't we have sacked Carlos after the Hull defeat?

This is the thing with Hull, though.

Fans often go on about Carlos' approach in that game, but it was correct IMO.

That's because we truly were beaten by a better side.

I always thought that if they turned up we'd lose, and unfortunately they did.

And I don't think we'd have got past Brighton, but for their injuries.

So it really was a free hit, with nothing to lose.

We weren't expected to trouble the play-off places, and our opponents were better than us, so maybe that's why he retained his job and there wasn't a hangover.

Our team now is better relative to the other teams in this division, than Carlos' team was relative to the other teams in the Championship that first season.

The second play-off defeat was quite different because we lost to a side no better than ours, which didn't have parachute cash, and the hangover duly arrived.

That's the analogy with this season, I guess.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Steelman said:

I’m sick and tired of people like you that accept mismanagement and mediocrity and then tell other fans that don’t like it that they aren’t #truefans and to go and support someone else. 

Post of the day 👏👏👏

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

What ?

You said that the tactics had been appalling, then the next poster after you said that Moore was an absolutely outstanding manager.

It was the contrast between the two opinions, one right next to the other.

lol

2 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

You said that the tactics had been appalling, then the next poster after you said that Moore was an absolutely outstanding manager.

It was the contrast between the two opinions, one right next to the other.

lol

Yep, given the fact you said make your minds up.....  Mines made up. We played crap the past two games.Tactics were shocking.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Yep, given the fact you said make your minds up.....  Mines made up. We played crap the past two games.Tactics were shocking.

Yes, absolutely true.

I couldn't see us keeping a clean sheet last night, which meant we'd have had to score at least three to win.

I guess it was never likely against a team managed by Neil.

• Like 1