Sick and tired

7 hours ago, duncanidaho said:

and what do you do?

do you come on here with reasoned arguments, laying out the facts with data you have have gleaned from the web?

if you have an argument, back it up with some reasoned arguments, data, or god forbid, facts.  

All the data you need mate is just look under the heading of League 1 ... you'll find us wallowing down there awaiting the fixture list in mid June telling us we've got trips lined up to Forest Green Rovers & Exeter City among many others.

If you're happy & content with that then that's fine ... some aren't.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When Moore came in we barely had a club. We had no identity, no playing style and barely any players once the decks were cleared.

In a short period of time he's built a competitive squad on freebies and loans, given us an identity and a style of play.

Yes that need to be extended to include formations and tactics to counter anti football teams, but this is a process.

It took a while for him to find the right combinations to balance the squad but we now have a solid foundation on which to build. Let's be honest. If we'd hit this form three weeks earlier we'd have been top two.

This time last year we looked like we could lose everything. Now we have a pathway forward.

Patience is required. I don't want to throw all this out and have to start again, we need stability.  If you want DM out, get used to League 1 for a another two or three seasons.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, MBMitchell said:

What annoys me us the way we played last night

It was pathetic

That's twice now in a row in 2 seasons if a must win match that we have failed, at least against derby we went down fighting

That's four times we have had a massive must win game in seven seasons and we have failed everytime

I put on here the last couple of weeks that if we tried I'd be upset but would accept it

What I can't accept is the way we stood off of the players and didn't press from the front, that's moores fault and I can't accept how feeble of a performance that was last night

Agree, we have a recent history of failing to turn up for the big games. Other managers and teams have done far better against us…. Why? 

Other mangers have done “jobs” on us but that shouldn’t stop players pressing and harrying etc. Berahino, NML , Byers and Luongo weren’t at the races last night. 

38 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

This is the thing with Hull, though.

Fans often go on about Carlos' approach in that game, but it was correct IMO.

That's because we truly were beaten by a better side.

I always thought that if they turned up we'd lose, and unfortunately they did.

And I don't think we'd have got past Brighton, but for their injuries.

So it really was a free hit, with nothing to lose.

We weren't expected to trouble the play-off places, and our opponents were better than us, so maybe that's why he retained his job and there wasn't a hangover.

Our team now is better relative to the other teams in this division, than Carlos' team was relative to the other teams in the Championship that first season.

The second play-off defeat was quite different because we lost to a side no better than ours, which didn't have parachute cash, and the hangover duly arrived.

That's the analogy with this season, I guess.

I reckon all else being equal we'd have finished somewhere between 5th and 9th in 2017/18, slightly worse than the year before as we didn't bring in any players other than Van Aken. What did us though was the injuries rather than keeping Carlos. I think he could have got a third play off go had they all been fit. We had literally none of the first 11 left by his last game

8 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Mummy, the TRUEFANS and the CLAPPERS are fighting again!

It's like watching the Michael Jackson Beat It! video

And here I am, life as a TRUECLAPPER is a peaceful and balanced one... lol

Enjoy your successes and don't despair too much over mistakes; ofc clubs going bankrupt etc are a whole different topic, but losing out on promotion, well, that's football...

You take your success with excitement but also stay calm when things don't go your way. I mean, if they always went our way we'd be top of the Premier League and champions of Europe by now. Had a go at the play offs, got inched out by a tactically more clever Sunderland who attacked at home and pressured away, just like we should've done... and then hopefully we'll learn from some of our mistakes, and next season we go again. We finished 4th with our "makeshift" squad that took a while to gel, if we can continue to build on this, who knows.. maybe autos next year. Although, one thing is for sure, we'll lose our share of matches vs the likes of Fleetwood, Morecambe, etc. because football is football.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

When Moore came in we barely had a club. We had no identity, no playing style and barely any players once the decks were cleared.

In a short period of time he's built a competitive squad on freebies and loans, given us an identity and a style of play.

Yes that need to be extended to include formations and tactics to counter anti football teams, but this is a process.

It took a while for him to find the right combinations to balance the squad but we now have a solid foundation on which to build. Let's be honest. If we'd hit this form three weeks earlier we'd have been top two.

This time last year we looked like we could lose everything. Now we have a pathway forward.

Patience is required. I don't want to throw all this out and have to start again, we need stability.  If you want DM out, get used to League 1 for a another two or three seasons.

Good post. Pretty much sums up my own view.

As I see it, we have a simple choice. Continue with a manager who has delivered tangible improvement in the second half of the season with a near 70% win ratio, taken us to the play-offs on 85 points and turned Hillsborough into a fortress again. Or - once again - sack him and hire a new manager who will want different players, have a different management style, play a different way, with absolutely no guarantee that he will be any improvement on DM.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, duncanidaho said:

and what do you do?

do you come on here with reasoned arguments, laying out the facts with data you have have gleaned from the web?

if you have an argument, back it up with some reasoned arguments, data, or god forbid, facts.  

Pipe down lad... 

43 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Sunderland.

Ok I'll give you that, so other than them who else had the calibre and pedigree of players like us

I'm not pointing at you here mate,but reading some posts on here are angering me as much as that wet farts of a performance yesterday

I get that some people won't hear a bad word said against Wednesday, but just take off the blue and white specs, and see what myself and some other posters are saying.

Yes there are idiot fans, who can't wait to point out Moore's failings and are happy about it, but the most of us are putting valid arguements on, and I'm finding laughing faces on them. Me personally, I have nothing but dejection inside me after yesterday, and don't find anything humorous this morning

44 minutes ago, Mav-erick said:

Agree, we have a recent history of failing to turn up for the big games. Other managers and teams have done far better against us…. Why? 

Other mangers have done “jobs” on us but that shouldn’t stop players pressing and harrying etc. Berahino, NML , Byers and Luongo weren’t at the races last night. 

Yeah I agree 100% with this.

We have seen so many times that when we have played a high press we have done well.

As daft as it sounds I'd have preferred to have gone all out attack and lost 4-0 than how we went out with a whimper. At least I would have known we gave it our all 

Edited by MBMitchell

1 hour ago, WBridgfordowl said:

Look where we started 12 months ago and where we are now. Moore deserves great credit for that.

Last season is over so it’s all about the coming campaign. The only question now is does Moore have what it takes to get us promoted next year

I've looked and yep we are still in the same place where we were a year ago???

So that logic is not good.

As I stated last night, to those who said we needed to gel the first part of this season. We will be roughly 50% different next season unless chansiri throws his cash about, which I am against, but am making the point that it'll be a new team as the loaness have returned and players like Massimo and maybe bannan will be gone 

1 hour ago, WBridgfordowl said:

Look where we started 12 months ago and where we are now. Moore deserves great credit for that.

Last season is over so it’s all about the coming campaign. The only question now is does Moore have what it takes to get us promoted next year

He hasn't this year, with what was still one of the best squads in this division . Too many errors.

However, if he retains a good squad, then i hope he has learned from his mistakes.

1 hour ago, MBMitchell said:

Ok I'll give you that, so other than them who else had the calibre and pedigree of players like us

I'm not pointing at you here mate,but reading some posts on here are angering me as much as that wet farts of a performance yesterday

I get that some people won't hear a bad word said against Wednesday, but just take off the blue and white specs, and see what myself and some other posters are saying.

Yes there are idiot fans, who can't wait to point out Moore's failings and are happy about it, but the most of us are putting valid arguements on, and I'm finding laughing faces on them. Me personally, I have nothing but dejection inside me after yesterday, and don't find anything humorous this morning

Thanks, appreciated.......👍

I don't really have time to comb through our rivals squad details, but I'm sure that many clubs in the top half of L1 have plenty of players with Championship experience and we're certainly not alone in having players from Premiership clubs, albeit these are mostly loanees - young players sent to get experience or others who aren't considered up to standard by their parent clubs. Just a personal observation, but in my opinion a lot of our fans think our squad is significantly better than it actually is.

As for the grinning Emoji's, agree 100%. It p**sses me off when people do that. If they disagree with something I wish they would say so and put across their counter argument.

2 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Thanks, appreciated.......👍

I don't really have time to comb through our rivals squad details, but I'm sure that many clubs in the top half of L1 have plenty of players with Championship experience and we're certainly not alone in having players from Premiership clubs, albeit these are mostly loanees - young players sent to get experience or others who aren't considered up to standard by their parent clubs. Just a personal observation, but in my opinion a lot of our fans think our squad is significantly better than it actually is.

As for the grinning Emoji's, agree 100%. It p**sses me off when people do that. If they disagree with something I wish they would say so and put across their counter argument.

Yeah maybe you are right and we some of us do think we have a better squad then what we have.

I probably haven't said correctly what I meant, I see it as we have championship players as we signed them or loaned them from a championship club, where as I think a lot of the top 6 or so had players with championship experience. Which is why I didn't include berahino in the premiership players, as he has experience there but isn't currently or wasn't at the time of joining us at a premiership club. I think that makes sense.

We also kept the spine of the squad from last season, and whereas we got rid of the wasters, we kept a huge chunk of players

Just now, MBMitchell said:

We also kept the spine of the squad from last season, and whereas we got rid of the wasters, we kept a huge chunk of players

Some of the signings and loans we have made this season have been terrible overall though and we've tried them in games and come out of it losing points as a result

Then we have players unfit and injured (remember the mad injury crisis that Moore launched an investigation into?) which also cost us dearly

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, N0rtherner said:

And here I am, life as a TRUECLAPPER is a peaceful and balanced one... lol

Enjoy your successes and don't despair too much over mistakes; ofc clubs going bankrupt etc are a whole different topic, but losing out on promotion, well, that's football...

You take your success with excitement but also stay calm when things don't go your way. I mean, if they always went our way we'd be top of the Premier League and champions of Europe by now. Had a go at the play offs, got inched out by a tactically more clever Sunderland who attacked at home and pressured away, just like we should've done... and then hopefully we'll learn from some of our mistakes, and next season we go again. We finished 4th with our "makeshift" squad that took a while to gel, if we can continue to build on this, who knows.. maybe autos next year. Although, one thing is for sure, we'll lose our share of matches vs the likes of Fleetwood, Morecambe, etc. because football is football.

nice post mate.

good summary

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mav-erick said:

We don't have a recent record of failing to turn up for big games, we have a 150 year record of doing that!! It feels like it anyway.

Edited by matthefish2002

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Some of the signings and loans we have made this season have been terrible overall though and we've tried them in games and come out of it losing points as a result

Then we have players unfit and injured (remember the mad injury crisis that Moore launched an investigation into?) which also cost us dearly

What was the findings of this, it is taking longer then the gray report, unless it's come out and I haven't heard.

Yeah brown was absymal, and a haven't rated shodipo at all. I have said u think he did well in getting players of bpf, Dean,storey,Gregory etc  I just keeping to the same conclusion he did well overall in recruiting, but he can't seem to use the tools that he has at his disposal

I said the last few months how I would feel about him, not that my opinion matters at all in the great scheme of things. I think we limped out of the play offs and that isn't enough for me. Yes I want him out, he's a nice bloke and I get all this we have to start again, what like mk Dons did, like Sunderland and loads more have done

If he stays I won't lose my poo, and the wife won't be battered, but I will have no confidence in him, but in the bigger picture will he really care what I think, it chansiri or any other fan for that matter????

• Love 1

7 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Yes, but those freebies and loans are coveted by many other managers in this division.

Messi and Ronaldo could be freebies or on loan...if you could afford their wages.

Just because a player is a freebie or a loan doesn't mean that he's bobbar.

We've got them because we can afford them when many other managers in this league can't.

As an interviewer said to one of MK's players at Easter after the game; "You've come up against arguably the strongest squad in the division today".

We need to get away from the idea that this is a poo squad lucky not to be fighting relegation.

It simply isn't true.