Sick and tired

3 minutes ago, Screen Door Slams said:

DM just doesn`t fill me with any kind of confidence and I would make a change , however those defending him will get their wish to see if he can finish the job as he aint going nowhere.

The main reason will be finances......................i think we may have gone all in AGAIN this season and what lies ahead from that point of view is actually quite scary.

Good point

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You know what Luke?
Since you joined you've wound me up, infuriated me, made me annoyed and most of your posts have been the exact opposite of what I believe

BUT

You're bang on mate

I think there's an increase in people living in their own little echo chambers and then they come onto a forum where opposite views are expressed and they can't handle it

They crumble

I've noticed it over the last couple of years

They'll just get angry and not realise it's because they are in a world now where they live in their echo chambers on a day to day basis just hearing views they agree with, watching TV news that they agree with, following the celebrities and politicians that they agree with and forums are a step too far for their little insular brains.

And whilst you wind me up with some of your views that's a GOOD thing and I really like how you come across in that respect - of wanting to engage with others of differing views, and wanting to be in a place where all views are expressed. It's healthy, it's fun and it's the way life SHOULD be.

I totally agree, but that's all ok as long as you can have reasoned debate, backed up by facts and data. 

The Moore out Brigade is an absolutely valid point of view, it is the way that the sentiment is expressed that attracts my ire.

A bad result happens and it's 'change the manager'.  we don't get promoted, the same thing happens, regardless of any mitigating circumstances surrounding our financial position, our ability to buy players being suppressed, injuries etc.  

DM may have made questionable tactical decisions, team selections etc. and people absolutely have the right to express their disappointment and frustration.  

If we have a terrible season next time, are not troubling the playoff positions and playing poorly I may join the group and ask for a managerial change, but until then he deserves the opportunity to build on the start he has made at this club.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Very true - which is why listening to fans on managers isn't always the way to go

lol

And if you make a list of all the managers our fans call for whenever we need a new manager and then take a look at how those managers did after we didn't take them on you'll see that nearly every single one of them have failed, flopped or disappeared and nobody talks about them anymore

Listen, hounding managers out is one of the few things this club is any good at.

Why rob us of what little success we have.

lol

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

It's rum, but it's true.

When a team loses a play-off there generally is a hangover the next season.

It's just a consequence of the play-offs, I'm afraid.

Show us the data that backs up that interesting argument.  your supposition may be correct, but what constitutes a hangover? 

not being promoted? not reaching the play offs? not finishing in the top 10? relegation?

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Listen, hounding managers out is one of the few things this club is any good at.

Why rob us of what little success we have.

lol

We're runaway leaders at it

Top of the league

Barely a week goes by without some of our fans yelling for a new manager 

(and a proper clear aaaahhhhhtt)

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, duncanidaho said:

I totally agree, but that's all ok as long as you can have reasoned debate, backed up by facts and data. 

The Moore out Brigade is an absolutely valid point of view, it is the way that the sentiment is expressed that attracts my ire.

A bad result happens and it's 'change the manager'.  we don't get promoted, the same thing happens, regardless of any mitigating circumstances surrounding our financial position, our ability to buy players being suppressed, injuries etc.  

DM may have made questionable tactical decisions, team selections etc. and people absolutely have the right to express their disappointment and frustration.  

If we have a terrible season next time, are not troubling the playoff positions and playing poorly I may join the group and ask for a managerial change, but until then he deserves the opportunity to build on the start he has made at this club.

Yes there are the ones who call for his head after every loss, however, there are many who do have valid points which immediately attract all of the 'proper fan' brigade.

We should just have 2 threads running, the emotional one and an actual discussion one.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, duncanidaho said:

A bad result happens and it's 'change the manager'.  

Bang on mate

And you know what?

If Moore is fired today and we bring in ANY manager to replace him - the exact same people will be the exact same 'SACK HIM - WE NEED A PROPER CLEAR AAAHHHHT' after their first defeat

lol

(unless of course the new manager waves his arms a lot on the touchline, beats their chest to the kop, and kisses the badge - in which case he'll get unrelenting support no matter how badly they do)

Owlstalk Shop

6 hours ago, samowl said:

Drivel

What so  you really thought after that shocking last season with all those problems on and off the pitch we were going to walk it this season.if you think that then your expectations are way too high pal and your at best delusional.it was a massive rebuild this summer that needed to be done on the cheap

im not saying the performances over the 2 playoff games were fantastic or anything but over the season you have to say we have done quite well all things considered. 

im genuinely interested in what you think pal so tell me rather than your daft negative response. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Tewkesbury said:

Yes there are the ones who call for his head after every loss, however, there are many who do have valid points which immediately attract all of the 'proper fan' brigade.

We should just have 2 threads running, the emotional one and an actual discussion one.

Yes, that's a brilliant idea!!

I just hope that everybody will find their designated tread!!

42 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

Did I get that right:

- if we would have finished 7th, you'd be happy to keep the manager

- as we managed to get to the play-offs, we now need to sack the manager as this will trigger a hangover??

Or do you believe that every team should sack their manager every season unless they get promoted?

I'm guessing that's not what he meant and that you've interpreted (very) incorrectly. 

No, not every manager that doesn't get promoted should be sacked but not every manager has the same squad as ours and not every manager has the largest wage budget in the league. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JOCOWl said:

I'm guessing that's not what he meant and that you've interpreted (very) incorrectly. 

No, not every manager that doesn't get promoted should be sacked but not every manager has the same squad as ours and not every manager has the largest wage budget in the league. 

🚨 WAGE BILL ALERT 🚨

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

6 hours ago, duncanidaho said:

i am absolutely sick and tired of the supposedly owls fans on here,

we were relegated with a squad that needed freebies and loanees to get through a season after financial irregularities,  we finished 4th with one of the best home records.  

we fell short, yes, but sh!t happens.   if we only supported clubs who were successful then it would be a very narrow choice.

how about all you whinging fookers who want the manager out stop whining and realize we have had a team who gave us hope until the the 90+3 minute in the second leg of a playoff after a difficult period in our history.

supporting a club is not about the success or the amount of matches you win, it's about the club you love, whatever... 

if you want to support a club that wins, fizz off and support liverpool/man c/ b munich etc, if not, grow up and be realistic and just support a club you love.

I'd still sack Moore and give Dyche whatever he wants 

9 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

fair point.

i retract my 'supposedly owls fans' statement as we are hopefully all wednesdayites on here and support the club in our own ways.

i replace it with 'negative ninnies' though......

Just now, duncanidaho said:

fair point.

i retract my 'supposedly owls fans' statement as we are hopefully all wednesdayites on here and support the club in our own ways.

i replace it with 'negative ninnies' though......

But if all we had were posts on how well we were doing, just think how bad it would be today when we lose and nobody knows why as all they ever hear is how good we are?

2 minutes ago, JOCOWl said:

Changing managers means that you always have to start again from scratch. New managers want new players, new backroom staff etc.

Look at Ipswich. They have a large wage bill as well, did not have our injury crisis and finished 11th as they also had to put a whole new squad together.

He clearly said, that getting into the play-offs without getting promoted has to result in sacking the manager.

Many others on owlstalk said that not making the play-offs has to result in sacking the manager.

Our situation as a club was worse than the situation of most clubs. Look back to the end of last season and tell me one other club in league one, who was in such as mess as we were.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Steelman said:

I’m sick and tired of people like you that accept mismanagement and mediocrity and then tell other fans that don’t like it that they aren’t #truefans and to go and support someone else. 

bang on . Always had this view point . 

But no obvious We should all just clap effort every year regardless of quality and mismanagement and being in league one AGAIN…..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

But if all we had were posts on how well we were doing, just think how bad it would be today when we lose and nobody knows why as all they ever hear is how good we are?

I personally would be more critical with the manager or the players, if there was a room for some proper discussion, which would not automatically lead into senseless hate posts from some people here. 

(as mentioned before... I do like your posts and you surely would be needed in the thread for the sensible discussions)

• Like 1