Sick and tired

4 hours ago, duncanidaho said:

i am absolutely sick and tired of the supposedly owls fans on here,

we were relegated with a squad that needed freebies and loanees to get through a season after financial irregularities,  we finished 4th with one of the best home records.  

we fell short, yes, but sh!t happens.   if we only supported clubs who were successful then it would be a very narrow choice.

how about all you whinging fookers who want the manager out stop whining and realize we have had a team who gave us hope until the the 90+3 minute in the second leg of a playoff after a difficult period in our history.

supporting a club is not about the success or the amount of matches you win, it's about the club you love, whatever... 

if you want to support a club that wins, fizz off and support liverpool/man c/ b munich etc, if not, grow up and be realistic and just support a club you love.

I completely agree with you .. as disappointed as we all are at the moment we have to be realistic and look at the state the club was in . I'm sure if Moore stays he will sort the squad out and we will try again next season .. stay positive Wednesday fans our time will come .. 

• Like 1

Moore has done an outstanding job this season. He’s made a decision on his game plan and formation and stuck to it. An incredible home record too which has always been hard to achieve at Hillsborough. 
It could have gone either way last night. 

Sunderland fans were slating Neil on their forums when they were losing saying he was too negative, no subs etc… they score in last minute and now he’s the messiah……

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Well, whoever is right in this tiff isn't reaaly the issue.

The issue is that defeat in the play-offs generally triggers a hangover the following season, as evinced by the fragrant Carlos.

Not sacking him after Huddersfield was fatal, as it robbed us of a third shot at promotion under someone else.

What we don't want is to be looking for a new manager in January who's little hope of bringing in who he needs until next summer.

That would be yet another season wasted and condemn us to a third season in the Third.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Steelman said:

I’m sick and tired of people like you that accept mismanagement and mediocrity and then tell other fans that don’t like it that they aren’t #truefans and to go and support someone else. 

So every club who didn't get promoted are mismanaged?  How do you define a well managed club?  

• Like 3

"I think all right thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired... I'm certainly not! And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am."

1 hour ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Booo oooo boooo oooolol

Accept it. The manager failed.. 

Don't blame. The fans. Those tactics over the two games were utterly appalling. 

4 minutes ago, Mav-erick said:

Moore has done an outstanding job this season. He’s made a decision on his game plan and formation and stuck to it. An incredible home record too which has always been hard to achieve at Hillsborough. 

Sunderland fans were slating Neil on their forums when they were losing saying he was too negative, no subs etc… they score in last minute and now he’s the messiah……

Make your minds up, for goodness sake.

lol

I wonder if Topsey had put in an appearance it would have made any difference last night?

1650079236_b25lY21zOmNmOTkxOTM5LTQwNTAtNGNjMC1iMTQ2LWI1NWVjZDc0YjEyNToyY2Q0MjJhZC0yMjE5LTQyYmQtYmEwMS1jYTFkMDYxMzhlZDE.jpg.21f638b487b2fa21ca249ad8588a42a3.png

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Luke said:

I find it so weird how loads of people dont understand how a public forum works 

Some of you lot must constantly have people agreeing with you every second of the day 

You know what Luke?

Since you joined you've wound me up, infuriated me, made me annoyed and most of your posts have been the exact opposite of what I believe

BUT

You're bang on mate

I think there's an increase in people living in their own little echo chambers and then they come onto a forum where opposite views are expressed and they can't handle it

They crumble

They come on here and freaking out at people on here, this site or the fact that someone dares to have a different opinion to them and want to shut them down because they think it's wrong just because THEY don't agree with it.

I've noticed it over the last couple of years

They'll just get angry and not realise it's because they are in a world now where they live in their echo chambers on a day to day basis just hearing views they agree with, watching TV news that they agree with, following the celebrities and politicians that they agree with and forums are a step too far for their little insular brains.

And whilst you wind me up with some of your views that's a GOOD thing and I really like how you come across in that respect - of wanting to engage with others of differing views, and wanting to be in a place where all views are expressed.

It's healthy, it's fun and it's the way life SHOULD be.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

The issue is that defeat in the play-offs generally triggers a hangover the following season

Did I get that right:

- if we would have finished 7th, you'd be happy to keep the manager

- as we managed to get to the play-offs, we now need to sack the manager as this will trigger a hangover??

Or do you believe that every team should sack their manager every season unless they get promoted?

Edited by GermanBird
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mav-erick said:

And DM is not the Messiah, he's a very naught boy...

• Haha 1

I think it's a mistake to think that the only calls to get rid of Moore stem from a sense of entitlement and are purely related to results. He deserves a lot of credit for assembling a decent squad and getting a lot of things right with the players.

However, there are obviously deep flaws  with his tactical approach and his training regime, and this has shown itself repeatedly to anyone who actually watches the games. Part of the trouble is that some of us are old enough to remember Jack Charlton, Howard Wilkinson and Ron Atkinson and we know what good tactical management looks like and genuinely disciplined, focussed players, regardless of ability.

I dare say we'll do better next season as the team starts to gel a bit more, but we could easily turn really flat without Bannan and whoever else goes, and I'm not convinced Moore will know what to do about it.

• Like 1

What annoys me us the way we played last night

It was pathetic

That's twice now in a row in 2 seasons if a must win match that we have failed, at least against derby we went down fighting

That's four times we have had a massive must win game in seven seasons and we have failed everytime

I put on here the last couple of weeks that if we tried I'd be upset but would accept it

What I can't accept is the way we stood off of the players and didn't press from the front, that's moores fault and I can't accept how feeble of a performance that was last night

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Steelman said:

I’m sick and tired of people like you that accept mismanagement and mediocrity and then tell other fans that don’t like it that they aren’t #truefans and to go and support someone else. 

Absolutely spot on. Why should we accept mediocrity . Many games this season we have been poor a d Moore just ain't a clue how to change things . I ain't even upset it was 100% obvious  sunderland in both legs would do a job on us , Alex Neil is a you know what but he is 10x a better manager . 

• Like 3

Just now, Hyde2005 said:

Alex Neil is a you know what but he is 10x a better manager . 

Absolutely NOBODY was talking about Alex Neil until last week as a good manager though

And if Sunderland don't go up, Wednesday fans won't ever mention him again

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, GermanBird said:

Did I get that right:

- if we would have finished 7th, you'd be happy to keep the manager

- as we managed to get to the play-offs, we now need to sack the manager as this will trigger a hangover??

Or do you believe that every team should sack their manager every season unless they get one of the two automatic promotion places?

It's rum, but it's true.

When a team loses a play-off there generally is a hangover the next season.

It's just a consequence of the play-offs, I'm afraid.

In our case we were good enough to finish in the play-offs, so failing to reach them and finishing 7th would probably have meant the manager's dismissal anyway.

But imagine another team in this division which should be finishing, say, 10th based on its players.

Because the manager is good that team gets into the play-offs, but is beaten.

The next season there is a hangover at the club so the manager gets sacked.

So, ultimately, the manager has been punished for his success.

Crazy, but true.

That's football.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Absolutely NOBODY was talking about Alex Neil until last week as a good manager though

And if Sunderland don't go up, Wednesday fans won't ever mention him again

I'm sure earlier in the year there were 10 pages on whether we should get him as manager.  Also at 1 point around 90% of our fan base wanted Moore to go. Poss after Shrewsbury game. 

• Like 1

DM just doesn`t fill me with any kind of confidence and I would make a change , however those defending him will get their wish to see if he can finish the job as he aint going nowhere.

The main reason will be finances......................i think we may have gone all in AGAIN this season and what lies ahead from that point of view is actually quite scary.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hyde2005 said:

Also at 1 point around 90% of our fan base wanted Moore to go. Poss after Shrewsbury game. 

Very true - which is why listening to fans on managers isn't always the way to go

lol

And if you make a list of all the managers our fans call for whenever we need a new manager and then take a look at how those managers did after we didn't take them on you'll see that nearly every single one of them have failed, flopped or disappeared and nobody talks about them anymore

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop