Referees

They should be held accountable,  and then at least explain why the decision was made and then at least apologise if they know the decision was wrong. 
you can not make these errors in any over profession. We seem to be on the wrong end of these clowns far too much. 
also why do our players not hound the ref more, other teams do ?

defo some favouritism from that ref yesterday thats all needs to be said

how can none of their players get booked and our goal disallowed when it was a clean goal if owt dunkley got pulled to ground some absolute *******

1 hour ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Whilst i agree with the thrust of this thread in that the standard of Reffing inn this league is generally abysmal looking at the Dunkley disallowed goal i don't think it was incompetence i think it was cowardice 

He chose to give the easiest decision to give, which was a foul to the home side. Refs have been doing it since football began 

Looking at it, obviously with blue and white ( or rather pink and black ) specs, it looked to me that Dunkley was more sinned against than sinning but he was also pulling their player giving the Ref the easy option 

I think it was a poor decision and the goal should have stood but i'd bet a weeks money that when his assessor looks at it he won't be marked down because there was "enough" 6 of one half a dozen of the other going on for them to defend it 

If you think about this logically, there is no profit to Dunkley in pulling their player to the ground where they were stood. His only desire was to get to the ball. If someone is trying to force you the ground from above, the instinctive way to fight that is to grab them and try and lever yourself back upwards, away from the ground. That's exactly what happened in my view, so it should have been a penalty, if Dunkley hadn't miraculously managed to score.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lawrie Madden said:

... i don't think it was incompetence i think it was cowardice 

He chose to give the easiest decision to give, which was a foul to the home side. Refs have been doing it since football began 

Exactly this.

How many times do refs blow for some unspecified, unfathomable and random infringement by the attacking side at corners etc, yet never do the same to award a penalty - total cowardice.

Whenever the ball goes near the penalty area refs invariably bottle it.

I'd love to see real time VAR type scrutiny for 90 minutes all over the pitch - or maybe just better referees would do the trick.

4 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Whilst i agree with the thrust of this thread in that the standard of Reffing inn this league is generally abysmal looking at the Dunkley disallowed goal i don't think it was incompetence i think it was cowardice 

Looking at it, obviously with blue and white ( or rather pink and black ) specs, it looked to me that Dunkley was more sinned against than sinning but he was also pulling their player giving the Ref the easy option 

I think it was a poor decision and the goal should have stood but i'd bet a weeks money that when his assessor looks at it he won't be marked down because there was "enough" 6 of one half a dozen of the other going on for them to defend it 

I don't think the easiest option to give was a foul, the easiest option was the correct one which was to do nothing and award the goal. There was no obvious infringement by Dunkley, so to disallow it the ref had to be actively wanting to do so which judging by his overall biased performance would be no surprise to me at all.

He leant towards Wycombe the whole game. Let them get away with their embarrassing timewasting, didn't even add anything on for the 3-4 minutes they additionally wasted during stoppage time. I bet he'd have given the penalty for handball at the other end,  no question. Their left back made 3 yellow card offence fouls by himself, the second time the ref even pointed towards where he'd committed the first one, yet let him off again. This after carding Dunkley for a lesser foul, and later booking Hutchinson for a nothing foul as well which was probably his first of the game.

Not quite Swarbrick level of blatant cheating perhaps, but very close to it. It didn't surprise me at all to learn later that he was the same ref who had a shocker against us at QPR a few years ago. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BridportOwl said:

At the start of the game the WW pundits said that this ref was normally a Championship ref, so I naively thought we would be okay. How wrong I was.

No doubt demoted for ineptitude.

And league one suffers for it!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DecOwl04 said:

defo some favouritism from that ref yesterday thats all needs to be said

how can none of their players get booked and our goal disallowed when it was a clean goal if owt dunkley got pulled to ground some absolute *******

Some background stalking and he used to live and play football around those parts. He was Definitely not impartial, it’s wrong and should be sorted. Var needs to be used in the lower leagues too.

1 hour ago, Half time Bovril said:

Some background stalking and he used to live and play football around those parts. He was Definitely not impartial, it’s wrong and should be sorted. Var needs to be used in the lower leagues too.

refs like him slip through cracks cus whoever sorts em couldn’t give a **** an when it comes to lower leagues officials couldn’t give less of a **** doubt it’ll change for a long time with the people in charge 

we’ll have the last laugh if we get wins at of fleetwood an portsmouth tho i have no doubt fleetwood are goin be doin the dark arts think portsmouth will be a more better game for our lads tho cus from what i’ve seen of em they play more football than ****house 

We’ve had soft penalties given in our favour against both Wigan and Crewe in the last couple of months that have won both games for us.

Cheltenham against us at home had a fairly soft goal ruled out that was pretty similar to ours yesterday.

We just forget the decisions that have gone in our favour and blaming refs is a poor excuse generally. The disallowed goal yesterday came in the 13th minute so we still had 80 minutes to score a goal but created very little.

On the disallowed goal I’ve watched it a few times. It’s definitely not a foul from Dunkley but it does look like Luongo fouls the keeper and prevents him from jumping for the cross. I’d like to see a better angle though because it’s not easy to see from the main camera. 

The ref is looking directly at Luongo and their keeper when he blows so that’s what he’s disallowed it for anyway 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

We’ve had soft penalties given in our favour against both Wigan and Crewe in the last couple of months that have won both games for us.

Cheltenham against us at home had a fairly soft goal ruled out that was pretty similar to ours yesterday.

We just forget the decisions that have gone in our favour and blaming refs is a poor excuse generally. The disallowed goal yesterday came in the 13th minute so we still had 80 minutes to score a goal but created very little.

On the disallowed goal I’ve watched it a few times. It’s definitely not a foul from Dunkley but it does look like Luongo fouls the keeper and prevents him from jumping for the cross. I’d like to see a better angle though because it’s not easy to see from the main camera. 

The ref is looking directly at Luongo and their keeper when he blows so that’s what he’s disallowed it for anyway 

You say the ref was looking at Luongo and the keeper and that’s why he disallowed the goal but in the report the ref says it was disallowed for a foul by Chey   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Howards back said:

You say the ref was looking at Luongo and the keeper and that’s why he disallowed the goal but in the report the ref says it was disallowed for a foul by Chey   

Is that right? Where have you read the ref’s report?

It’s definitely not a foul by Dunkley if that’s what he’s disallowed it for