LATE FINISHES

1 hour ago, s29wfc said:

What i don't get is all of a sudden we are seeing more and more delays to games due to medical emergencies in the crowd.

Because they didn't used to stop the game to place an emphasis on saving lives in the crowd. Or did you honestly think that of the hundreds of thousands of (famously super healthy) people who attend football matches each matchday, none of them suffered serious illness/death?

*italics to emphasize strong sarcasm

• Like 1

Many years ago (1983??) I was at a Bristol City game with a friend, and his father who was employed, as would then have been said, as an ambulance driver.  Someone collapsed a dozen or so seats away, and the St John's came to assist.

Friend's dad stood up, looked and sat back down.

-   are you going to help?

-   not much point. He's dead.

Times have changed.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, harribo said:

Because they didn't used to stop the game to place an emphasis on saving lives in the crowd. Or did you honestly think that of the hundreds of thousands of (famously super healthy) people who attend football matches each matchday, none of them suffered serious illness/death?

*italics to emphasize strong sarcasm

Why do they have to stop the game, the medical people can still attend to the emergency while the game is still going on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Why do they have to stop the game, the medical people can still attend to the emergency while the game is still going on.

Surely stopping the game is going to make things harder, attention will be put onto the person having treatment and those treating him which won’t help, you might get more people walking to toilet/get food which can make the gangways busier which could disrupt. Seems a weird fashion to stop play nowadays, don’t get it one bit

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, markowl said:

Yeah.

Carry on playing while someone's having life saving treatment.

Why not? If I was having life saving treatment or someone I know I wouldn't want the match stopped.
Like someone else has said everyone would stop watching the match and gawp at what was going on with the medical staff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Why not? If I was having life saving treatment or someone I know I wouldn't want the match stopped.
Like someone else has said everyone would stop watching the match and gawp at what was going on with the medical staff.

Using that logic, if someone gets run over, we should expect the paramedics to deal with the patient while cars are driving past.

Surely it's basic human dignity to stop a game of football while someone is potentially fighting for their life.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, markowl said:

Using that logic, if someone gets run over, we should expect the paramedics to deal with the patient while cars are driving past.

Surely it's basic human dignity to stop a game of football while someone is potentially fighting for their life.

That is what sometimes happens along as it doesn't hinder the paramedics.
Seen a few instances of a crash happened recently and the road gets opened as soon as possible.

If I was receiving life saving treatment I would want the dignity of not having 20,000 people watching.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

im guessing, because its now comman for the club's medical staff to help out. What happens if there is an injury to player if the game kept going....? stop helping the supporter and do and give the magic sponge to Hutch? 

50 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

That is what sometimes happens along as it doesn't hinder the paramedics.
Seen a few instances of a crash happened recently and the road gets opened as soon as possible.

If I was receiving life saving treatment I would want the dignity of not having 20,000 people watching.

Mate they don't televise it

lol

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

im guessing, because its now comman for the club's medical staff to help out. What happens if there is an injury to player if the game kept going....? stop helping the supporter and do and give the magic sponge to Hutch? 

That’s an interesting one in itself. Doctors don’t want to be a medic responsible for emergency care of tens of thousands of people