LATE FINISHES

2 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Why do they need to stop play? If you were walking around Meadowhall and somebody took badly do you you want locking in foot asylum for 20 minutes?

"First responders say that a break in play reduces the risk to the patient. It calms the crowd, it makes it easier for medics to move around because they are not blocking views and it allows them to focus and communicate without being distracted by shouting and chanting. Plus, it means club doctors can get involved if needed."

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, harribo said:

"First responders say that a break in play reduces the risk to the patient. It calms the crowd, it makes it easier for medics to move around because they are not blocking views and it allows them to focus and communicate without being distracted by shouting and chanting. Plus, it means club doctors can get involved if needed."

Fair enough

2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

That is what sometimes happens along as it doesn't hinder the paramedics.
Seen a few instances of a crash happened recently and the road gets opened as soon as possible.

If I was receiving life saving treatment I would want the dignity of not having 20,000 people watching.

That assumes the medics have arrived in a timely manner.

What if they are delayed by crowds risking the delivery lifesaving treatment and increasing the chances of the worst outcome?

Stopping the game for a few minutes is hardly the biggest inconvenience. Recent situations where patients have been saved in grounds is quite amazing really. Kudos to all who've helped in one way or another

People (mainly anti-vax nutters who instantly diagnose the vaccine regardless) say that people are having more medical issues at football games now. I doubt it, it just makes the headlines more now because, for whatever reason, games tend to get stopped now. 

I'm actually surprised that statistically there aren't more incidents, when you think how many people attend games every week, it'll be in the hundreds of thousands, many of them no spring chickens and being put through stressful situations, well they are watching Wednesday anyway. 

10 minutes ago, alanharper said:

People (mainly anti-vax nutters who instantly diagnose the vaccine regardless) say that people are having more medical issues at football games now. I doubt it, it just makes the headlines more now because, for whatever reason, games tend to get stopped now. 

I'm actually surprised that statistically there aren't more incidents, when you think how many people attend games every week, it'll be in the hundreds of thousands, many of them no spring chickens and being put through stressful situations, well they are watching Wednesday anyway. 

yeh it's nothing new, I remember a Rovers fan dying a few years ago. At the end of the day there are loads of old people there and the game is stressful/exciting so it's going to happen

2 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Is that what happens or what you think should happen sorry? 

It used to be mandatory - dunno if it is post-covid but obviously there was no requirement for crowd Dr's when there were no fans

Not been back since so can't say

• Like 1