This needs pinning up in the dressing room!

14 hours ago, Hughdowd said:

Use to run out of the tunnel … fists clenched.. roaring encouragement to his team mates…..everything a Wednesday fan could relate too in them days ..

And that's exactly what we're missing, on and off the pitch, guts, passion, belief.

We've just not been the same since Jordan Rhodes went.

• Haha 5

mick lyons was the captain when i 1st started going . those were happy days i still have great memories of that team at that time all of them would play through pain and wear the stripes with pride . compare them to our bunch of wasters who cant or wont compete for the stripes 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, morganowl said:

mick lyons was the captain when i 1st started going . those were happy days i still have great memories of that team at that time all of them would play through pain and wear the stripes with pride . compare them to our bunch of wasters who cant or wont compete for the stripes 

Can you just imagine some of the sorry shower that we have playing on pitches that were absolute quagmires?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Willie Henderson said:

And that's exactly what we're missing, on and off the pitch, guts, passion, belief.

We've just not been the same since Jordan Rhodes went.

Brilliant player … Brilliant times……..nowadays you’d probably have fans saying he’s a bully and bad for team morale…….footballs gone daft

• Like 2

1 minute ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Most likely gone soft tbh.🙄

Agree……Lyon’s was a leader ..a player fans could relate too ………just wish todays squad would show that bravery/ leadership…even if we lose .. that’s all we want to see…….

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hughdowd said:

Agree……Lyon’s was a leader ..a player fans could relate too ………just wish todays squad would show that bravery/ leadership…even if we lose .. that’s all we want to see…….

Used to love watching the Hard Men in the 70’s and 80’s Ie Tommy Smith, Norman Hunter, Ron Harris etc.The Present day footballers would run a mile from them if they were on the same pitch as those that I’ve just mentioned.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Used to love watching the Hard Men in the 70’s and 80’s Ie Tommy Smith, Norman Hunter, Ron Harris etc.The Present day footballers would run a mile from them if they were on the same pitch as those that I’ve just mentioned.

Never realised Tommy Smith was French. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Think all them mentioned would hardly ever get a game these days. Especially Hunter..3 match bans galore.

• Like 1