Darren Moore on todays performance

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Let's start a list to show how wrong this is

Chris Waddle
David Beckham
Bobby Moore
Bobby Robson

Chip in folks - let's show how mad this statement is

Referencing Managers not players. Only Robson a manager of quality. Are you seriously happy with Mr nice man Moore ?

• Like 1

Just now, ScrappyOwl said:

Referencing Managers not players. Only Robson a manager of quality. Are you seriously happy with Mr nice man Moore ?

Ok then - let's restrict it purely to managers

Let's start a list

I'll start...

Bobby Robson

(we did the same exercise a couple of weeks back and it totally destroyed the myth that nice guys aren't winners)

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Ok then - let's restrict it purely to managers

Let's start a list

I'll start...

Bobby Robson

(we did the same exercise a couple of weeks back and it totally destroyed the myth that nice guys aren't winners)

Are you happy with Moore, do you see us progressing with him at the helm?

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

We huffed and puffed today. They went to a low block. We couldn't get back into the game. We wanted a reaction today but we didn't get that.

We have to get back to basics and start finding our rhythm again.

There is no special formula. We have tried to cram in a lot in the last four or five days into the training ground.

We have got to find that rhythm.

We are disappointed to lose. We can't harbour too much on it.

I am a firm believer that if you put the work in on the training ground you will get the results.

We have lost two games in four days. They are damaging results for us.

What we have to do is get back to training and get some work done.

The fans care. We care.

I understand the boos.

We didn't do enough to win the game.

Over the next five, six and seven days, we will know where we are with the loan players.

Cram what in? It’s the same system we’ve been playing for months for crying out loud. Shambles. Get rid

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ScrappyOwl said:

Are you happy with Moore, do you see us progressing with him at the helm?

I dunno in all honesty mate

I'm pretty certain there's issues behind the scenes right now at the club but won't post it because I'll get ripped to bits for doing so

I don't believe the issues on the pitch are down to tactics or management - I think it goes deeper and there's other things at play that would still be there if Moore was replaced

But having said that if Moore was replaced I'd be ok with that I guess but not confident it would make any difference at all

We've had a proper clear aaaaaht of players, coaches, fitness coaches, physios, assistant managers and managers over the last few years and always get worse

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Let's start a list to show how wrong this is

Chris Waddle
David Beckham
Bobby Moore
Bobby Robson

Chip in folks - let's show how mad this statement is

Only Bobby Robson was/could be a quality manager.. and another example of a nice bloke/great player/poor manager would be Bobby Charlton

He needs to sit down with the senior pros; Bannan and Hutchinson and work out a plan and system to suit this squad.

We are failing and look bemused half the time; have little threat and we take ages to move the ball around.

we can’t spend the season bemoaning the loss of Windass, Lulongo and Iorfa. We have to move on.

1 minute ago, Animis said:

He needs to sit down with the senior pros; Bannan and Hutchinson and work out a plan and system to suit this squad.

We are failing and look bemused half the time; have little threat and we take ages to move the ball around.

we can’t spend the season bemoaning the loss of Windass, Lulongo and Iorfa. We have to move on.

Trouble is bannan and hutch go sideways and back more than most.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I dunno in all honesty mate

I'm pretty certain there's issues behind the scenes right now at the club but won't post it because I'll get ripped to bits for doing so

I don't believe the issues on the pitch are down to tactics or management - I think it goes deeper and there's other things at play that would still be there if Moore was replaced

But having said that if Moore was replaced I'd be ok with that I guess but not confident it would make any difference at all

We've had a proper clear aaaaaht of players, coaches, fitness coaches, physios, assistant managers and managers over the last few years and always get worse

There may well be issues at the club/ in the background but I still don’t see how that has an effect on formations  , tactics etc. I simply believe a better coach/ manager would be more successful. Some of Moore’s team selections/ formations/ tactics have been bizarre.I really wanted him to be a success because he does come across as a decent chap but I have all confidence in his ability to turn things around as he keeps making the same decisions game after game.

• Like 1

He also said “ we dominated the game “

Now I wasn’t there but that’s not the impression that I got from all the Wednesdayites that were there and from the Sky reporter who had to try and look interested whilst doing his piece to camera.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

It doesnt at all

But formations and tactics dont' work if there's other stuff going on

Think we should just agree to disagree. Let’s face it we all want the same thing,a team/ club to be proud of, not one floundering in the lower reaches of the football league whom younger generations have barely heard of.

Just now, ScrappyOwl said:

Think we should just agree to disagree. Let’s face it we all want the same thing,a team/ club to be proud of, not one floundering in the lower reaches of the football league whom younger generations have barely heard of.

Eh?

What are we disagreeing on?

I want the team to get promoted, I want a team we can be happy with and proud of that's successful and brings us happy times

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, scilly owl said:

He also said “ we dominated the game “

Now I wasn’t there but that’s not the impression that I got from all the Wednesdayites that were there and from the Sky reporter who had to try and look interested whilst doing his piece to camera.

I think to suggest we dominated the game is indeed stretching it a little

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Eh?

What are we disagreeing on?

I want the team to get promoted, I want a team we can be happy with and proud of that's successful and brings us happy times

I don’t believe how a team is set up on match days is affected by issues in the background 

• Like 2