Darren Moore on todays performance

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What if they thought one thing but the rest of the squad thought a different way?

I would hope they would all approach it collaboratively, to see if there's a better way forward. 

Of course there's a risk that the manager could be seen as weak, but there all professionals and should see through this and seek a common goal of improvement. If not, this season could be written off.

26 minutes ago, Animis said:

He needs to sit down with the senior pros; Bannan and Hutchinson and work out a plan and system to suit this squad.

Any manager who has to resort to that almost certainly won't make it as a manager.. wasn't that the issue with Sven and some other England managers? 

A manager has to be 'the boss' surely

• Thanks 2

Just now, Costello 77 said:

You don't have to be nasty to succeed in football be you do need to be ruthless.

With yourself and your team.

At the professional standard you need to be absolutely critical and ruthless otherwise you'll have a lot of chums but no job.

Agree 

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The fans care. We care.

I understand the boos.

We didn't do enough to win the game.

So perceptive of you Darren!

Luckily you chose not to come over to show your understanding & appreciation to those fans at the end of the game as I’m not sure the reception would have been so gentle. You coach the squad,  pick the team & they play to your shape & tactics. Smell the coffee, the boos of your making 

I will never forget or forgive the sacking of club legend, Derek Dooley. 

I also seem to remember how genuinely grateful and appreciative Peter Swan was for Derek giving him another chance and he clearly (rightly) had the greatest respect for the man but he thought that he was probably too nice to be a successful manager?? 

My recollection could be faulty or if correct, Peter Swan's opinion may have been wrong but interesting nevertheless 

35 minutes ago, scilly owl said:

He also said “ we dominated the game “

Now I wasn’t there but that’s not the impression that I got from all the Wednesdayites that were there and from the Sky reporter who had to try and look interested whilst doing his piece to camera.

We did seem to have vast majority of the ball but only 3 shots on target I can remember.

Loads of ball but not enough quality to create chances or deliver pin point crosses imo we desperately need a target man or 2 so we can go long or just put 50/50 crosses in to the box.

Guest monaco
30 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You think the players are superhuman?

I can't imagine for a minute that ANYONE thinks that.

I'd settle for them doing their jobs.

Guest Theboylangers

We absolutely did not dominate the game. We were poor for large parts of it and could hardly string 2 passes together.

We did better when Dele-Bashiru and Mendez-Laing came on. We pushed 10 yards further up the pitch and at least had a go. 

That said, Shrewsbury could easily have scored more, they missed some very good chances. 

33 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

We absolutely did not dominate the game. We were poor for large parts of it and could hardly string 2 passes together.

We did better when Dele-Bashiru and Mendez-Laing came on. We pushed 10 yards further up the pitch and at least had a go. 

That said, Shrewsbury could easily have scored more, they missed some very good chances. 

Darren thinks we did, and this is his problem. After every defeat he says they'll put it right on the training ground. After every draw he says they will turn draws into wins. Never happens. I'm sorry to say I can't think of a single area of football management he is even average at. Can anyone?  Training, tactics, man management, substitutions, transfers, analysis, motivation, game management, he is simply useless at everything. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Eh?

What are we disagreeing on?

I want the team to get promoted, I want a team we can be happy with and proud of that's successful and brings us happy times

More chance of the DFS sale ending than Wednesday giving us that. 

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

We huffed and puffed today. They went to a low block. We couldn't get back into the game. We wanted a reaction today but we didn't get that.

We have to get back to basics and start finding our rhythm again.

There is no special formula. We have tried to cram in a lot in the last four or five days into the training ground.

We have got to find that rhythm.

We are disappointed to lose. We can't harbour too much on it.

I am a firm believer that if you put the work in on the training ground you will get the results.

We have lost two games in four days. They are damaging results for us.

What we have to do is get back to training and get some work done.

The fans care. We care.

I understand the boos.

We didn't do enough to win the game.

Over the next five, six and seven days, we will know where we are with the loan players.

Mmmmm!!! What would Big Jack or Big Ron say/not say but do??? I'm thanking Big Daz isn't a strong enough character to turn this Big club around.

Until we have a manager with the testicles to challenge the owner and run the club on his terms we are never ever going to turn this club around.

It's been criminally to long for us to be out of the top league or  make an even make a consistent effort to get there.

We are all too guilty of settling for 5th best  shame on us and shame on our idiotic owner.

It would be refreshing to hear a manager say "Look mate, there's no two ways about it, we were effing crap today, eff knows what the players were doing, they certainly didn't follow orders. If they don't start listening soon they can eff off, I'm not carrying passengers, eff them".

• Like 1