Booing & clapping

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He got sacked after his players got booed and went down the toilet as a result

He got sacked after his side beat United in a Sheffield derby.

Funny, I don’t remember much booing in that game although it was a few years ago and I could be wrong.lol

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Chris Morris played worse, got shipped out and ended up Celtics best player

I agree with that one...I liked Morris....but he ended up being played at bloody centre half in a couple of games...he was about 5ft 3....That was the managers fault...He wasn't the BEST player at Celtic at the time though...thats bllx

2 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

I boo’ed at half time on Saturday, and so did everyone around me in the grandstand 

because it was utter sh*t, and has been since he took over 

Absolutely nothing has changed, and the boos will continue until something does 

i was quite prepared to start we want darren out on saturday , i witnessed wimbledon where his subs cost us that game , that awful cambridge performance , and now lincoln , went to mansfield and had to laugh how bad our squad was they couldnt put 2 passes together , who the hell trains these players? can dom howson  shout down the north /south korea telephone hotline and tell chansiri i want darren sacked its upseting my kids and making me very angry every game so much as im forming at the mouth and this cant go on 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, morganowl said:

shout down the north /south korea telephone hotline and tell chansiri i want darren sacked its upseting my kids and making me very angry every game so much as im forming at the mouth and this cant go on 

Dude I’d stay away if it’s making you feel that bad lol 

Edited by FreshOwl

1 thing i do know 100% is if milan was the owner darren would have already been sacked , milan knew and understood football ,he wouldnt want to be bored out of his brain watching a man make a fool of this football club with his crazy tactics and team selections and taking us down this awful league 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Yes, the players might not play well right now and don't get the results we want and need.

But does anybody really believe it will help us to get promoted if we boo during the games and get our players down and frustrated. Maybe the booing is one of the reasons why one after the other player is loosing his confidence. The mistakes on the field might have something to do with the pressure from us "supporters".

I do not care, if the players deserve our support or not. I would never boo because our lack of support increases the risk that we will be stuck in this league for years.

Wednesday does need our support more than ever. Not for the  advantage of the players, but also because WE want the promotion and we will not get it unless the "fans" act as the 12th man instead behaving like the opponent. 

We should boo the other teams and support ours ... at least if we really want to win and get promoted.

• Love 1

I’m too exhausted by the football we have to watch to summon a full ‘Boo’ right now. I’ve developed a kind of low pitched moaning kind of groan that I can sustain for a whole 45 mins or so. A cup of half time Bovril and I’m ready for a full second half of groaning! 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, morganowl said:

1 thing i do know 100% is if milan was the owner darren would have already been sacked , milan knew and understood football ,he wouldnt want to be bored out of his brain watching a man make a fool of this football club with his crazy tactics and team selections and taking us down this awful league 

The entertainment factor (fast paced, forward thinking, exciting attacking football) that attracts fans to games is essential to a manager keeping their job

Any manager who doesn't play attacking football at this club puts their job at risk as our fans rightly don't wanna be bored

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

It's been building up for some time. The passage of play at the start of the match when we were fecing around with the ball and nearly conceded twice, the fans booed and shouted. It set the tone, but it was several games in the making. 

There's a very toxic feeling at Hillsborough and will take some time to rid. A new manager would change a lot, and if the players are released to express themselves, things will look and sound  a lot better.

Until then booo Chris Morris and 'McGee out'

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The entertainment factor (fast paced, forward thinking, exciting attacking football) that attracts fans to games is essential to a manager keeping their job

Any manager who doesn't play attacking football at this club puts their job at risk as our fans rightly don't wanna be bored

Are you suggesting synchronised yawning then...instead of the "booing" thingy?

I'll give it a go lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I thought everyone did that as standard anyway these days under Moore

lol

You know Saturday Neil...all arguments apart...I just sat f.ookin' numb mate after the Lincoln goal....

Second half, the team got up for it...The crowd got up for it...and it was like all passion and drive for about 15 minutes...Then it went T *ts again..Its like an old movie....

The team simply HAS to get the crowd going.....The crowd has had 20 years of false bloody dawns.....The manager and the players simply don't understand it...The fans haven't the patience to give the players time..Cos the patience isn't there anymore...Hence the bloody booing...Like I said...I agree with you its self defeating...but its totally understandable

• Like 1