Results when conceding first goal in a match

14 hours ago, Blatter said:

If you really want to get depressed about how things are going.
According to the Ifollow commentators a couple of weeks ago, the last time we won an away league match after conceding first was in 2016.
Somebody on here will probably know the game in question, who scored etc. Too long ago for me.

It was this match wasn't it? No wonder he looks so stunned...

stunned-birmingham-fan.jpg

We'll all probably be long dead before it happens again...

14 hours ago, marshy said:

Tired feckin minds, bloody ell, I'd expect that at the end of the season, not 1st week in bleedin October. Plus, it's not as if we've even kept the same side. We change it every game ffs.

We've also played one game less than the majority of the league.

I like Moore but FFS, don't make excuses up.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

Personally I think its a sucession of poor managers, with very little tactical ability or an ability to get the team to play a certain way effectively.

These last 24 games majority must be Monk and Moore.

Good to see the reign of Poolis has been completely erased from memory.

Lucky you.

We're not a clever team.

When you watch PL/championship games; when the team is leading, they slow the game down in injury time, often make two subs and one or two players sit down on the pitch complaining of cramp or some other innocuous knock. This kills time and take the energy out of the opposition.

Take for example the Ipswich game - we didn't make any subs in injury time; making our last change on on 84 minutes. The goal itself, whilst being a keeper mistake and farce, was an example where we didn't slow the game down. Watch the footage from when BPF collects the ball - all the team run up field - not one player holds back, or stays in the box - why not? We could have killed off a minute or so just by gamesmanship if we'd wanted.

I've come to the conclusion that we are just a bit thick - across the team and management - they'll all responsible.

1 hour ago, Onge said:

It was this match wasn't it? No wonder he looks so stunned...

stunned-birmingham-fan.jpg

We'll all probably be long dead before it happens again...

I remember it now Birmingham City. We’ll remembered Sir. Scary it’s been so long.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

It's well known we struggle to get anything out of a game once we concede the first goal.

But it's getting ridiculous now.

In the last 24 matches when we  have conceded first going back to the 19/20 season, we have failed to get a single point.

W0 D0 L24

Since coming from behind to beat Brentford at home in December 2019, our record when conceding the first goal is, W0 D2 L32.

That's 2 points from 102!

Is it a physocological thing?

Whatever the reason for the inability to fight back it needs to change or we are going nowhere.

Actually the record before the Brentford match was nearly as bad. We'd won something like one match in 40 or so after going behind. The opposite is also a sign of mental fragility, we dropped 30 points from winning positions last season and 28 in the season before that. 

22 minutes ago, Animis said:

We're not a clever team.

When you watch PL/championship games; when the team is leading, they slow the game down in injury time, often make two subs and one or two players sit down on the pitch complaining of cramp or some other innocuous knock. This kills time and take the energy out of the opposition.

Take for example the Ipswich game - we didn't make any subs in injury time; making our last change on on 84 minutes. The goal itself, whilst being a keeper mistake and farce, was an example where we didn't slow the game down. Watch the footage from when BPF collects the ball - all the team run up field - not one player holds back, or stays in the box - why not? We could have killed off a minute or so just by gamesmanship if we'd wanted.

I've come to the conclusion that we are just a bit thick - across the team and management - they'll all responsible.

We actually did this v Wigan. BPF got booked for a 3 minute goal kick, Palmer had cramp, their commentators were demanding 10 minutes extra time.