Hillsborough - Used against us

3 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

22000 there yesterday...to watch a team in the third tier of English football, after over 2 decades of disappointments 

Course its a bloody bearpit....on top of that you have teams and supporters of those teams who see it as a massive day out...thats not a Wednesday fans delusion...Thats a simple f.ookin' fact...same as if we tipped up at Anfield....Its a simple pecking order.

Our "Players" can't cope cope with it....Oxfords players could...They deserved the win...Be honest

I dunno how you square the circle....Owls fans don't seem to be allowed to be intimidating.....No flags banners ...A simple standing area at a decent price would help....

Thousands of empty seats directly behind the away end...Wadda we do to change that...Nowt

We wander into the place, sometimes out of sheer habit and we sing hi ho and wait for something to happen

Come the day we bloody shout and sing all first half, boo the opposition every time they touch the ball...sheer intimidation....We might get somewhere....but theres no incentive to do it....You Can't exit via leppings lane...you CAN'T bring a flag in....We more or less roll the bloody red carpet out for every f.ooker who tips up...and they LOVE it

On top of that the prices are crap....We have nigh on 20'000 EMPTY seats....but you can't really fill 'em cos season ticket holders would kick off....Honestly ive had a season tiicket since Noah said "I think its starting to spit...but let a bloke in for simply 50p less on a matchday.....I wouldn't have a problem, cos I only buy a season ticket to sit where I want to sit...and get to the away games....Thats more than enough...simple priority...the rest of it?..

Fill the sodding ground, get it intimidating enough and bloody crack on..

Its all too timid..frightened players...nervous supporters and Opposition supporters having a reight good day out..It has to change..

We have become inured to crap, accepting of the ordinary , although its obvious by the attendances the heart is still there....the lungs have stopped sodding working......

Almost all the club has to do is hand out a few flags....let us bring in banners...stop running out of sodding pies....the audience is there but the band hasn't turned up...its f.ookin' infuriating

Well said that man!

Just now, TrickyTrev said:

Those players should consider themselves lucky that they get to play in a historic stadium in front of 22k fans.

There’s a vibe that the managers, players or ground can’t carry the weight of the ‘hope’ to me. 

All things considered, did the culmination of everything deserve a 22k crowd ?   No. 

Do 22k need to be in a stadium that can hold many more, probably not. 

Maybe we actually need to move to a Lego stadium that holds 25k max… which I’ve never thought before until now. 

The success of the club doesn’t match the ground size - it’s a ‘Prem’ sized ground for a stale club and stale fanbase… it doesn’t match up well. 

On the flip side to this, also - it doesn't take much to get the crowd rocking, the atmosphere electric and making it a place where away teams fear.

Remember Carlos' first season?

Bogey teams smashed and jinxes slain.

Players all had a song.

Honolulu sang most games.

And of course 'Carlos had a dream'.

The key to all that? Attacking football and knowing that we had goals in us at any time.

Then Carlos went negative in his second season and sucked the life out of everyone.

Every manager since has played the same.

So it's really quite simple.

We're all still here as fans.

We'll sing and shout and create that atmosphere again.

Just... give us some attacking football to actually sing about.

We're all waiting. God knows we've been that starved of it, when we do actually start playing positively and scoring again, we'll blow the bloody roofs off all the stands.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

For me it’s just having players who want to get on the ball and make things happen. 

I look back at the better Wednesday sides of recent times. Under Carlos we had players like Wallace, FF, Hooper who wanted to make things happen and try and do something positive with the ball. The way we set up we had our full backs desperate to get forward and provide an overlap. You had Nuhiu off the bench charging round like a maniac, lifting the crowd and looking to get a goal back. 

Heck even under Stuart Gray we had the likes of Chris Maguire who always wanted the ball and would be fuming when he didn’t get it at his feet so he could try and cut in and take a shot. Jeremy Helan, bang average footballer but bloody hell he was quick and his first thought was always to beat his man for pace even if the ball was never under control. Similar situation with JJ.

Under Megson you had Antonio and Marshall who we basically just gave the ball to and let them run at defenders all afternoon. 

For me, the past few seasons we have had players who seem timid and frightened to get on the ball, take responsibility and make things happen. Bannan is the only one - yet he gets pelters from some fans for trying to show a bit of initiative on the pitch.

Maybe I’m wide of the mark, but seems to me to be a distinct lack of characters and players who WANT the ball throughout the side. Particularly on Saturday. 

But I do think that’s partly to do with how Moore set us up yesterday. I think the likes of Shodipo, Corbeanu and Brown will run at defenders if they get the ball in the right areas. But not once did we try and get the ball out to Shodipo to run at the fullback. 

This is spot on.

For a season or two under Carlos, we were a team looking to force the issue.

Since then, we've had a team full of people who don't want to take a chance, try the killer pass etc. Too happy passing the buck to someone else, usually Bannan.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

22000 there yesterday...to watch a team in the third tier of English football, after over 2 decades of disappointments 

Course its a bloody bearpit....on top of that you have teams and supporters of those teams who see it as a massive day out...thats not a Wednesday fans delusion...Thats a simple f.ookin' fact...same as if we tipped up at Anfield....Its a simple pecking order.

Our "Players" can't cope cope with it....Oxfords players could...They deserved the win...Be honest

I dunno how you square the circle....Owls fans don't seem to be allowed to be intimidating.....No flags banners ...A simple standing area at a decent price would help....

Thousands of empty seats directly behind the away end...Wadda we do to change that...Nowt

We wander into the place, sometimes out of sheer habit and we sing hi ho and wait for something to happen

Come the day we bloody shout and sing all first half, boo the opposition every time they touch the ball...sheer intimidation....We might get somewhere....but theres no incentive to do it....You Can't exit via leppings lane...you CAN'T bring a flag in....We more or less roll the bloody red carpet out for every f.ooker who tips up...and they LOVE it

On top of that the prices are crap....We have nigh on 20'000 EMPTY seats....but you can't really fill 'em cos season ticket holders would kick off....Honestly ive had a season tiicket since Noah said "I think its starting to spit...but let a bloke in for simply 50p less on a matchday.....I wouldn't have a problem, cos I only buy a season ticket to sit where I want to sit...and get to the away games....Thats more than enough...simple priority...the rest of it?..

Fill the sodding ground, get it intimidating enough and bloody crack on..

Its all too timid..frightened players...nervous supporters and Opposition supporters having a reight good day out..It has to change..

We have become inured to crap, accepting of the ordinary , although its obvious by the attendances the heart is still there....the lungs have stopped sodding working......

Almost all the club has to do is hand out a few flags....let us bring in banners...stop running out of sodding pies....the audience is there but the band hasn't turned up...its f.ookin' infuriating

Mike drop asteener!! Mike drop!! 

you have just taken every word out of my mouth 👏  👍

11 minutes ago, Buck Rogers said:

give us some attacking football to actually sing about.

We're all waiting.

I hope this is true. 

When Paterson scored yesterday I looked round and saw people hugging reminiscent of a lockdown ending hug - a type of relief more than a celebration… I think every regular attendee knows that good feelings aren’t a regular occurrence at Hillsborough… it’s more of a case of praying for something to go right rather than believing it. 

Hillsborough can have a good atmosphere - examples are the semi final play offs against Brighton and Huddersfield and the League Cup tie against Arsenal.

At the moment Hillsborough is “soulless” because the football is poor and, let’s face it, there’s not a lot to get excited about at the minute - mid table in League One.

Its up to the team and DM to change this - the sooner the better, obviously