Own up.. dont be shy

6 hours ago, Screen Door Slams said:

Careful............................you would be accused of cultural appropriation these days :biggrin:

When i was 13 ish and playing football I used to try and flick my legs out whilst running a la Rodger Wylde....................unfortunately my Dad twigged on pretty quickly and told me in front of everybody to "Stop acting like a tw@t "...................which nipped that in the bud pretty quickly.

Actually laughed out loud at  this…can just picture it happening pitch side!

1 hour ago, Spion Kop said:

Same here, mum and dad got them for me at Xmas, paying for them weekly. After playing a match for our school  we had to take off our boots and leave them outside the changing rooms. After getting changed and going outside, no boots anyway they had being nicked, along with several other pairs. Next pair I had bought were you're basic black Power Points. 

Wondered who they belonged to!

Just checked and got mine in 1969 I’d saved up 9 shillings towards the boots which if memory serves me right were 21 Bob. 

Anyway it was grand National day 1969 and my dad always let us choose a horse and put a shilling bet on.

As I was 12 Bob short I picked an outsider Highland Wedding.

My dad tried to persuade me to have sixpence each way. I insisted on a shilling win. It won at 12/1

NEW BOOTS

22 hours ago, boboskins said:

Used to play football at school with no shin pads and socks rolled down like Ante Mirocevic. Not a good idea in the early 80s. Oh and a friend of mine bought some white and blue Diadora astroturf trainers to look like Di Canio when we played in the Pitz 5-a-side league. First game wearing them he got clattered straightaway for wearing 'poncy shoes'.

What nights did you play at the Pitz on Bob? I used to love getting the poo kicked out of me there! 😆

On 28/09/2021 at 08:57, Screen Door Slams said:

Careful............................you would be accused of cultural appropriation these days :biggrin:

When i was 13 ish and playing football I used to try and flick my legs out whilst running a la Rodger Wylde....................unfortunately my Dad twigged on pretty quickly and told me in front of everybody to "Stop acting like a tw@t "...................which nipped that in the bud pretty quickly.

I once saved a penalty from Rodger Wylde when he was invited to open the summer fair at  the children's  home I was at     but in his defence he was wearing massive flares  and  platform shoes😁