Dele-Bashiru

Guest DoesJackHunt

I know it was only Newcastle’s youth team but I really liked the midfield 3 of 
Aderinan, Wing and FDB, I would like to see that given another chance at some point. The Urgency Adeniran and FDB have in joining the attack seemed to cause loads of problems and Wing also played well in that deeper role. You could play Wing or Bannan there I think and let them dictate play/ping some diagonals, knowing they’ve got really good athletes to get back and support defensively  when we lose possession. I’m not saying we should change now or, that it would definitely work against a better side but I would like to see that type of midfield again. It seemed to be a really well balanced midfield 3. 

Still unsure whether the best option would be to loan him out or to have him here fighting for his place.

Like Alex Hunt, there's definitely bags full of potential with Dele and I think he could hold his own. But he needs a run of games and it's unfortunate for him that we are blessed with more experienced players in midfield. 

20 hours ago, Drewswfc said:

I'd give him a run out while Luongo is out. Looked decent int pizza cup. Brings pace n power to the middle

He's not a defensive midfielder tho which is what were lacking hes more in the attacking midfielder mould and we have a few of them ahead of him.

Think we could do with getting him out on loan.

6 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

He's not a defensive midfielder tho which is what were lacking hes more in the attacking midfielder mould and we have a few of them ahead of him.

Think we could do with getting him out on loan.

No he's not but with 2 box to box style midfielders (Dennis) do we actually need a player to just sit in front of the defence? 

On 22/09/2021 at 13:21, Philb125 said:

In preseason and the cup he looked to be in a more advanced position. I’m not sure if DM sees him as a central midfielder. 

It’s an odd one, but like others that I was excited to see this season Waldock, Hagen, Adeduyin and Brennen they don’t have the platform to play here unfortunately. 

We could think outside the box. 

Give bazza a rest on the bench and play bashiru & Adrenian, both altheltic bit of strength, pace and can box to box well either side of byers, or wing.

Give them the chance in a game to get in there and see if they're willing to steo up and pull the strings instead of just leaving it to bazza, he's not getting younger and we can't rely on him forever. 

I'd like to se us try something different from what we've just done for 5 years now as it's so predictable for opposition managers to stifle. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1