WEDNESDAY V SHREWSBURY TOWN OMDT

Guest LondonOwl313
11 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Disagree-should be at least performing now. All this crap about gelling would wash if this was match two or three of the season. That excuse is spent.

7 games isn’t enough for me.. 15 games I’d judge more. At that point I’d want to see more progress in terms of both performances and results. Would seriously think about making a change if we’re approaching the halfway mark and only mid table.

With the squad we have we should be in contention for automatics.

1 hour ago, TaxiMark said:

Don't agree, if we are 4-1 up that isn't even mentioned, we aren't scoring, our midfield is poor and we keep conceding poor goals ....thats not down to the officials

If it weren't for the officials extremely poor decisions we probably would have been 4-1 up FFS!

49 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Shrewsbury have 5 points not 1… we should have won the game. Those other games you mention we didn’t have the better chances like today so it’s not the same at all.

Tbh you just seem overly negative because you’ve decided you don’t want to support us while Chansiri is here. You’re blaming him for this when he’s stumped up the cash to build a very good squad for this level. It’s like you want us to fail to vindicate your position.

Its just teething problems with too many new players. It’s too early to pass judgement, manager needs more time. And if Moore isn’t getting us near the top of the table by the middle of the season then it’s down to him and we need someone else. Can’t blame the chairman when the manager has been backed.

(And yes, Chansiri has made a mess over the last few years but if we reset the

clock from this pre season he’s not done much wrong).

Can I ask has he stumped up the cash as you put it, to pay back the fans owed money yet.

DC is a complete tool in all that he does he took a mid table championship team wasted £200m got us relegated, the best team we played week in week out, were largely at the club before Chansiri arrived and potentially if he does pay the loan due in the next few weeks we could be homeless as well.

The teething problems you mention is of our own doing you cannot keep replacing 10+ players a season, then expect the team to play, but equally crap championship players are not suddenly world beaters in league one.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

7 games isn’t enough for me.. 15 games I’d judge more. At that point I’d want to see more progress in terms of both performances and results. Would seriously think about making a change if we’re approaching the halfway mark and only mid table.

With the squad we have we should be in contention for automatics.

15 games? The other week people were saying judge after 10. Can we confirm 10 or 15 please I’d hate to start booing early, as for the squad? It’s doing exactly as I expected, we got em for free because that’s all we could get. Got to ask if they are as good as most people think then why was they free?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

If it weren't for the officials extremely poor decisions we probably would have been 4-1 up FFS!

My point tho mate like with LondonOwl was we didn't, yes first 20 off minutes we should have scored many more but didn't.

They could have also nicked it but didn't, who's more happy ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TaxiMark said:

My point tho mate like with LondonOwl was we didn't, yes first 20 off minutes we should have scored many more but didn't.

They could have also nicked it but didn't, who's more happy ?

I'm far from happy, but the officials set the tone for the day. I watched on iPlayer and apparently the Shrewsbury commentators thought that the handball and the rugby tackle on Iorfa were both penalties. As for Shodipos goal being ruled out that was an absolute shocker and easy to see why players (and fans) at that point start to believe it's not going to be our day.

5 minutes ago, Five Archers said:

15 games? The other week people were saying judge after 10. Can we confirm 10 or 15 please I’d hate to start booing early, as for the squad? It’s doing exactly as I expected, we got em for free because that’s all we could get. Got to ask if they are as good as most people think then why was they free?

Actually I was thinking the same but when I saw some players like Bpf I thought he was a great signing a this level but the first thing I text someone was that he is defo prone to a mistake  - he's still doing it and that's why he's in League 1.

Its all about putting your chances away at this level, and having the right system, potentially we could get a tune out of these but with DM in charge I don't see it one bit.

I hope for a miraculous change of fortune though.

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
12 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Can I ask has he stumped up the cash as you put it, to pay back the fans owed money yet.

DC is a complete tool in all that he does he took a mid table championship team wasted £200m got us relegated, the best team we played week in week out, were largely at the club before Chansiri arrived and potentially if he does pay the loan due in the next few weeks we could be homeless as well.

The teething problems you mention is of our own doing you cannot keep replacing 10+ players a season, then expect the team to play, but equally crap championship players are not suddenly world beaters in league one.

It’s been a sh*tshow for years.. but my point is, if he’s not going anywhere then can only hope he improves things. A few months ago that looked like a pipe dream but we have done the right things off the pitch for the last 2-3 months. Everyone was saying that until we lost a couple of games.

The changes we made to the squad this summer were much needed and the number is high because we haven’t made enough changes over the last 3-4 years.

Its still too early to say. Last time we had so many new players was 2015-16 and we only won 1 out of the first 6 and still made it to the play off final.

3 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

I'm far from happy, but the officials set the tone for the day. I watched on iPlayer and apparently the Shrewsbury commentators thought that the handball and the rugby tackle on Iorfa were both penalties. As for Shodipos goal being ruled out that was an absolute shocker and easy to see why players (and fans) at that point start to believe it's not going to be our day.

After BB missed that pen and BPF dropped that clanger we started to fault even though yeah the officials were dire, christ I remember Trever Kettle v Oldham at home in 03 and for me that won't be beaten.

3 games till ten games, let's hope more wins all 3.

Guest LondonOwl313
11 minutes ago, Five Archers said:

I’d say 15.. it can come together and we can go on a winning run. I don’t think you can sack the manager after 10 games if we’re still mid table. For me, he gets 15 games and then the pressure mounts and if we’re not up there after 20 I’d make  a change before the seasons gone. Promotion has to be the target this season.

3 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

It’s been a sh*tshow for years.. but my point is, if he’s not going anywhere then can only hope he improves things. A few months ago that looked like a pipe dream but we have done the right things off the pitch for the last 2-3 months. Everyone was saying that until we lost a couple of games.

The changes we made to the squad this summer were much needed and the number is high because we haven’t made enough changes over the last 3-4 years.

Its still too early to say. Last time we had so many new players was 2015-16 and we only won 1 out of the first 6 and still made it to the play off final.

I admire your glass full approach mate, but I can't bring myself to be that way anymore, comparing this side to the Carlos Wembley final said is def a glass half full.

At least you can debate without having to call me names just because you don't agree, come to think of it where is Bluefinmac?

2 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Did anyone see the ‘trouble’ at the top of Hillsborough park? 

Some 17 year olds from Shrewsbury scrapping with some of our lot… Stone island, what a badge of honour that is lol 

How did you know they were 17?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Actually I was thinking the same but when I saw some players like Bpf I thought he was a great signing a this level but the first thing I text someone was that he is defo prone to a mistake  - he's still doing it and that's why he's in League 1.

Its all about putting your chances away at this level, and having the right system, potentially we could get a tune out of these but with DM in charge I don't see it one bit.

I hope for a miraculous change of fortune though.

Agree mate. Would love it to work for DM we did it before under Wilkinson, most of that team were cast offs or second strings. Biggest problem at the moment is over expectations amongst the fans and more than likely in the players heads.