WEDNESDAY V SHREWSBURY TOWN OMDT

5 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Despite the performance, don’t think anyone can really argue that it’s the Referee who’s cost us the points ultimately 

That offside decision is absolutely horrendous,  a Sunday league ref wouldn’t make that mistake ,  really really poor possibly up there with worst official I’ve seen 

Don't agree, if we are 4-1 up that isn't even mentioned, we aren't scoring, our midfield is poor and we keep conceding poor goals ....thats not down to the officials

• Like 3

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, TaxiMark said:

Don't agree, if we are 4-1 up that isn't even mentioned, we aren't scoring, our midfield is poor and we keep conceding poor goals ....thats not down to the officials

We scored 1, had another disallowed for no good reason and missed a penalty, and the goal we conceded was a really poor goalkeeping error. On another day that’s 3-0 to us 

8 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Despite the performance, don’t think anyone can really argue that it’s the Referee who’s cost us the points ultimately 

That offside decision is absolutely horrendous,  a Sunday league ref wouldn’t make that mistake ,  really really poor possibly up there with worst official I’ve seen 

Aye, I can’t believe we let him take the pen! 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Our midfield is poor because its unbalanced due to having to play a three to accommodate Banban. we have had this problem for years mate. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

We scored 1, had another disallowed for no good reason and missed a penalty, and the goal we conceded was a really poor goalkeeping error. On another day that’s 3-0 to us 

Stick to the facts pal....1 point v Shrewsbury ( their first point ) on a lovely sunny day.

If we had scored one more goal v Hull we would have played in the PL or if we scored 4 instead of 3 at Derby we wudda stayed up.

Get me na?

Edited by TaxiMark
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest LondonOwl313
3 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Stick to the facts pal....1 point v Shrewsbury ( their first point ) on a lovely sunny day.

If we had scored one more goal v Hull we would have played in the PL or if we scored 4 instead of 3 at Derby we wudda stayed up.

Get me na?

Shrewsbury have 5 points not 1… we should have won the game. Those other games you mention we didn’t have the better chances like today so it’s not the same at all.

Tbh you just seem overly negative because you’ve decided you don’t want to support us while Chansiri is here. You’re blaming him for this when he’s stumped up the cash to build a very good squad for this level. It’s like you want us to fail to vindicate your position.

Its just teething problems with too many new players. It’s too early to pass judgement, manager needs more time. And if Moore isn’t getting us near the top of the table by the middle of the season then it’s down to him and we need someone else. Can’t blame the chairman when the manager has been backed.

(And yes, Chansiri has made a mess over the last few years but if we reset the

clock from this pre season he’s not done much wrong).

Linesman was a joke all game...absolutely atrocious officiating 

That said...second half at times it was totally predictable pedestrian football

The game should have been over 25 minutes in

A pen missed ,a free header missed,a free shot 10yds out..missed

Second half balls played behind players..stepovers a plenty with no end result 

Kamberi on the wing and Wing ??..I've no idea

I gave up hope the same time Bannan did when he couldn't be bothered to follow that ball and pressure the defender...his ball through for the offside goal was sublime though..wrecked by an idiot

Edited by asteener1867
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Shrewsbury have 5 points not 1… we should have won the game. Those other games you mention we didn’t have the better chances like today so it’s not the same at all.

Tbh you just seem overly negative because you’ve decided you don’t want to support us while Chansiri is here. You’re blaming him for this when he’s stumped up the cash to build a very good squad for this level. It’s like you want us to fail to vindicate your position.

Its just teething problems with too many new players. It’s too early to pass judgement, manager needs more time. And if Moore isn’t getting us near the top of the table by the middle of the season then it’s down to him and we need someone else. Can’t blame the chairman when the manager has been backed.

Shrewsbury have their 1st point on the road, sorry I should have made that more clear for you.

Do I want us to fail, what a totally stupid thing to say, I'm a Wednesday fan, anyone who knows me knows, but I have decided that whilst this imposter is running it I don't wish to be involved ( first time in years too ) 

You say backed ? Well he had too mate as we needed to sign some players in order to field a team, the club is where we are now because of him and that's another fact for you to dwell on dude.

11 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Game changed when Bannan missed the pen.

That goes in and it’s a different story. Second half was painful.  But that disallowed goal…crikey. What a crap decision that was. 

Make your own luck. Had we have battled and created another chance or two then we would have won, but we didn’t. 

• Like 2

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Shrewsbury have their 1st point on the road, sorry I should have made that more clear for you.

Do I want us to fail, what a totally stupid thing to say, I'm a Wednesday fan, anyone who knows me knows, but I have decided that whilst this imposter is running it I don't wish to be involved ( first time in years too ) 

You say backed ? Well he had too mate as we needed to sign some players in order to field a team, the club is where we are now because of him and that's another fact for you to dwell on dude.

I’m not saying you don’t care, I mean everyone on here is spending their Saturday night talking about Wednesday rather than doing something else. But in taking the position that you have it means you’re wanting the chairman out ahead of us doing well on the pitch.

If the whole fan base was doing that then it might work, but doing it in isolation is just cutting off your nose to spite your face because it’s not going to make him go.

Given we’re basically stuck with him, have to hope he does the right things. Since July he hasn’t put a foot wrong. We’ve signed 14 new players.. I don’t think he could have done anymore. It’s down to Moore to get us the results we need… he needs longer but it’s not been a great start.

22 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Get me na?

This week will tell all..Ipswich and Wigan away..we lose both..Moore is in over his head..

12 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Disagree-should be at least performing now. All this crap about gelling would wash if this was match two or three of the season. That excuse is spent.

Ran the full gauntlet of frustrations today. Missed penalty, gave away lead, had a goal wrongly ruled out then basically seemed to give up on the hope of getting a winner,

to the point where Shrewsbury looked more likely to score by the end.

We do some things well but there’s too many parts of our game that need serious work. Not impressed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I’m not saying you don’t care, I mean everyone on here is spending their Saturday night talking about Wednesday rather than doing something else. But in taking the position that you have it means you’re wanting the chairman out ahead of us doing well on the pitch.

If the whole fan base was doing that then it might work, but doing it in isolation is just cutting off your nose to spite your face because it’s not going to make him go.

Given we’re basically stuck with him, have to hope he does the right things. Since July he hasn’t put a foot wrong. We’ve signed 14 new players.. I don’t think he could have done anymore. It’s down to Moore to get us the results we need… he needs longer but it’s not been a great start.

Fair point re fans, there were loads that said they were voting with their feet once we dropped into this pub league but came back once we signed a few players, yes I saw that coming too, I don't blame them totally because we are just craving some sort of success, I'm fortunate to to have remembered the great times here and I feel sorry for the young lads, I really do.

Cutting my nose off is my choice tho, I'm happy about it,  there comes a point where you think I no longer want to be a mug by paying stupid money to watch another clueless manager appointed by him and now struggling in the third tier, I had my doubts about DM.

Like I said it's my choice, if you ever do have the pleasure to meet chansiri you will understand that he hasn't really a clue about Wednesday or Sheffield and most of his decisions have been made for him by other people in the background.

My wish was for Chansiri to find an enthusiastic buyer that has no ties to third parties and wants to turn the club around as a project, that would be great, probably wishful thinking but never say never, SWFC is still a big name, 22k at home today is unreal with the past few results.