WEDNESDAY V SHREWSBURY TOWN OMDT

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Question is though - how long will he give Moore if he can't turn it round?

I think he will be here for the whole season. He’s done well to get a squad together and you can see in patches that we can be good. Where he seems to struggle is in making changes that will affect the outcome of the game. If he figures that out we will make the playoffs. If we don’t we won’t. Either way I don’t think he’ll get the boot during the season and there isn’t much point sacking him given how he’s tailored the squad to his playing style. 
If we don’t make top 6 he’ll be fired in the close season. 

2 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

There were +ves today though.

First 30 minutes were really good but this attitude has to be continued for 90 minutes.

Heads seemed to go down when they scored, then chasing the game with little idea tbf.

DM really needs to work on confidence and 90 minute variable tactics if required.

Disappointing display overhaul today but there were signs to build on.

Before the game everyone on here was trying to guess what formation we’d be playing when the line up was announced because we could’ve lined up 4-4-2 or some formation with 3 at the back… we have the players to make changes during the game, but there’s little evidence of anything like that happening. Teams put 11 men behind the ball and we can’t break them down, we’re second to every second ball, and we don’t take our chances. 

I like Moore and think he needs time but my patience is beginning to slightly waver. We were very good for 30 minutes today and the officials cost us another goal and another penalty, but 1 point from the last 3 games isn’t good enough

• Like 2

Despite the performance, don’t think anyone can really argue that it’s the Referee who’s cost us the points ultimately 

That offside decision is absolutely horrendous,  a Sunday league ref wouldn’t make that mistake ,  really really poor possibly up there with worst official I’ve seen 

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No - he's joshing you mate

You're not getting banned

lol

Along with the post-match player ratings, we should have a WUM Of The Week and a vote on whom to ban....

5 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

Got to say bringing kamberi on the left was stupid,

I didn’t understand that change at all. Thought we would go two up top when he came on. Stick some crosses in to him and Gregory. Instead he’s out on the left making very little difference to the game. 
Moore has to watch these games back and think through how he could have done things differently. This league is going to be full of rubbish decisions like the offside goal and of big organised teams full of players desperate to make it to the next level. We have to be able to change the outcome of the game with subs. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Needs sortin
What we really dont' need right now though is Chansiri reappearing

He's not going away any time soon unless he sells or gets some investor to come in like he's been trying to do....problem with that is we are in L1 drawing at home against Shrewsbury and losing away to Morecombe.

Its a mess and I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel.

Breaks my heart what he's done to us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Despite the performance, don’t think anyone can really argue that it’s the Referee who’s cost us the points ultimately 

That offside decision is absolutely horrendous,  a Sunday league ref wouldn’t make that mistake ,  really really poor possibly up there with worst official I’ve seen 

It was that ballbag of a linesman that gave it - along with not giving Gregory a free kick in the last few minutes when their player barged him clean over from behind and giving them a corner in the first half when the ball clearly came off their man last after Palmer challenged him. 

He was appalling all game - calling Shodipo offside when there’s clear daylight between him and the defender is one of the worst decisions I’ve seen in a pretty long time though, that was abysmal

15 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Morecambe, Plymouth and Shrewsbury with a return of 1 point. Embarrassing doesn’t cover it. 

Scored 1, conceded 5 across those games.

I'm not calling for DMs head, I don't have any feeling of entitlement, and I don't expect miracles. But I think he needs to instil a winning mentality into the team very quickly. We've shown we can dominate other sides, but we don't capitalise when we're on the front foot, we surrender the initiative, and once we've done that we never look like regaining it.