Plymouth. Best travel time?

2 hours ago, bladeshater said:

I'm a bit confused let'st say you were going on holiday would you stil post the above surely you can make a decision yourself

I'm not a peak hours motorway traveler so just asking advise grumpy arse๐Ÿ˜.. Thanks for all the helpful advice everyone else. ๐Ÿ‘

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

Would just set off when you can. Bound to hit traffic on route m5 Birmingham but Bristol should be clear when you get their.

Other choice leave about 18.30 and clear run if no accidents.

I've asked because I'm not a peak hour moyorway traveler grumpy arse๐Ÿ˜. Thanks to everyone else for the helpful advice ๐Ÿ‘.

Think I'll check Google maps before we set off and if it's clear on the M1 we'll just suck it n see

8 minutes ago, andytrig said:

Getting the 12.45 train from St Austell, arrives in Plymouth at 13.44.

ย 

Hope this helps....

ย 

2 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

Thanks I'll see you there. Drove through st Austell early summer. Stayed at pentawen Bay. nice place

ย 

Isn't it known in Cornwall as St.Awful ?ย ๐Ÿ˜„

• Haha 1

Fyi down here on hols, traffic been a lot less than maybe a few weeks ago..ling haul from Sheffield I guess.

Tommy Tynan be on pitch HT I am told...blast from the past.

Google Sheffield to Plymouth.

ย 

https://www.google.com/search?channel=crow5&client=firefox-b-d&q=sheffield+to+plynouth

ย 

5 hours and 3 minutes, it even gives you the route.

ย 

Where are you stopping because that might affect the time you need to arrive, If there is no need to arrive at a set time I'd leave about 7-8 pm. Most of the traffic will have thinned and you should have a clear run around Birmingham and Bristol Then it's a doddle.