Plymouth. Best travel time?

18 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

Going down today after kids are home from school. It's a full family road trip, even taking the dog. Planning on getting to Taunton tonight. Any ideas on what time traffic might not be so bad? Or do we just take a chance and set of whenever? 

I'm a bit confused let'st say you were going on holiday would you stil post the above surely you can make a decision yourself

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I went down to Cornwall a few weeks ago and left Sheffield at 3:15pm. The M5 was hell. There were so many accidents and so many delays that it took us 8 and a half hours just to get to Exeter. Next time I’m going overnight. Good luck all. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

Going down today after kids are home from school. It's a full family road trip, even taking the dog. Planning on getting to Taunton tonight. Any ideas on what time traffic might not be so bad? Or do we just take a chance and set of whenever? 

I’d probably leave around 6-6.30pm and hope you have a clear run. Setting off earlier and you may hit plenty of traffic. Safe journey! 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

What you need is somebody with a crystal ball 

6 minutes ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

What you need is somebody with a crystal ball 

I've got one for sale - £25. 

But you will knock me down to £20

I've driven to matches down there twice before and left at around 4am on the Friday and about 6am on the Saturday, even then it was still busy around  Bristol at about 7am on the Friday.

I realise that this information is of no help whatsoever now, I just wanted to join in. 

5 minutes ago, alanharper said:

I've driven to matches down there twice before and left at around 4am on the Friday and about 6am on the Saturday, even then it was still busy around  Bristol at about 7am on the Friday.

I realise that this information is of no help whatsoever now, I just wanted to join in. 

It's a hell of a trek though, wished many times that we got In Premier just to avoid these long trips, specially when we got hammered 4-0 twice in succession by Plymouth

Just try and avoid Bristol - M4/M5 junction either morning or afternoon rush hour[s]

Get to the ground earlyish if you want to find a space in the car park next to the ground - just a word of warning - it's easier to get of the Wednesdayite car park on dogging night than after the match at Argyle...

1 hour ago, Drewswfc said:

Early Saturday morning might be better. However, if it is after school then I think leave when you can and you won't avoid the traffic round Bristol unfortunately.

Friday peak traffic tends to be a bit earlier than on other days. Lots of people doing like you are suggesting (heading of straight after school) or working half days. I’d wait till you’ve had your tea and cross your fingers for no accidents. Chance of no delays at all is zero, but at least if you’ve had your tea and you keep an eye on the traffic on Google maps and stop before you hit any for a wee, then everyone can just relax and you get there when you get there! 
Worst journeys I’ve ever had always involve hungry kids or kids bursting for the toilet because we didn’t stop and then hit traffic.