Premier League 21/22

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

If Liverpool lose this title is over for me, Salah + Mane (and also Keita) are going to AFCON. Which already puts them at a huge disadvantage. 

You don't really want to be giving this City team any real lead, do you? 

Back in the day, it felt like you could be several points off going into March and still have a chance. 

Now, you give a team like City six, seven points and it's going to be really tough to reign them in. 

2 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Something else for Klopp to moan about in the new year then…

Yeh but I dunno if he'd dare on that one, but it needs a work around

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

You don't really want to be giving this City team any real lead, do you? 

Back in the day, it felt like you could be several points off going into March and still have a chance. 

Now, you give a team like City six, seven points and it's going to be really tough to reign them in. 

Definitely, I just think Liverpool have been like a duck this season looking good on top but the feet are going ten to the dozen below the surface whereas City hardly seem like they've got going fully yet, and still find themselves 6 points clear as it stands

Just now, Southie_Owl said:

James Maddison is as good, if not more effective than £100m Jack Grealish. Thoughts? 

Was thinking the same. 

I prefer him to Grealish tbh. Bit more direct, less faff before doing something, better shot on him. 

Shame he's a bit of a helmet too and sometimes lets himself down with a questionable attitude. 

4 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

James Maddison is as good, if not more effective than £100m Jack Grealish. Thoughts? 

I think it's just hard for Grealish to assert himself in that team, I reckon once he settles in to it then he's going to be really good for them, it must be a massive adjustment going from the star player to just another player

16 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Was thinking the same. 

I prefer him to Grealish tbh. Bit more direct, less faff before doing something, better shot on him. 

Shame he's a bit of a helmet too and sometimes lets himself down with a questionable attitude. 

Yeah can’t help but feel Man City have paid for hype and not enough substance.  As the guys on MOTD said the other week,  Man City spend that £100m on a striker and they run away with the league, even more so than they are doing now 

1 minute ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Would make my day if Klopp now says they were rusty in comparison to Leicester after having a game postponed 😂

Can't wait for his post-match interview. 

Got to be something to complain about, surely? 

Perhaps a few digs about how Leicester went about things or something?

Leicester we’re phenomenal.

Considering they were knocked for 7 a few days ago, that’s as spirited a performance as you’ll see. All pulling in the same direction, working their socks off for one another and, the manager.

Thought TAA showed why Southgate doesn’t really fancy him tonight. Poor decision making in key phases of play. Luke Thomas on the other hand has to be close to a call up considering Shaw’s issues at United.

2 hours ago, 0wl18 said:

Leicester we’re phenomenal.

Considering they were knocked for 7 a few days ago, that’s as spirited a performance as you’ll see. All pulling in the same direction, working their socks off for one another and, the manager.

Thought TAA showed why Southgate doesn’t really fancy him tonight. Poor decision making in key phases of play. Luke Thomas on the other hand has to be close to a call up considering Shaw’s issues at United.

Defensively he's all over the place, he lost Lookman twice for the goal.

He's great going forward but can't defend for toffee.