Premier League 21/22

1 minute ago, Ever the pessimist said:

There’s a notable change in tone on social media (I know, not always a great barometer, but I’m including reputable accounts) to bemoaning the fact City are so dominant rather than just heaping praise on them. Probably partly driven by annoyed Liverpool and Chelsea fans, but still, interesting to me.

Don’t think City have looked that great tonight to be honest. 

They’ll win the league, but Chelsea have dropped silly points in recent weeks which has cost them. 

1 minute ago, Ever the pessimist said:

There’s a notable change in tone on social media (I know, not always a great barometer, but I’m including reputable accounts) to bemoaning the fact City are so dominant rather than just heaping praise on them. Probably partly driven by annoyed Liverpool and Chelsea fans, but still, interesting to me.

I've seen some journalists complaining about them too. 

The idea of Chelsea fans crying about City spending too much money is quite hilarious though. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I've seen some journalists complaining about them too. 

There’s a Rory Smith (NYT) thread on Twitter tonight saying it’s unhealthy for the league.

I suppose a counter point would be that, a middling team like Brighton getting a draw at Chelsea (and Liverpool) is pretty good for a league.

Just now, Ever the pessimist said:

There’s a Rory Smith (NYT) thread on Twitter tonight saying it’s unhealthy for the league.

I suppose a counter point would be that, a middling team like Brighton getting a draw at Chelsea (and Liverpool) is pretty good for a league.

Perhaps it is, but then I have little time for fans of Chelsea, Liverpool and Man U complaining about a monopoly at the top. 

I'm not entirely convinced we'd be getting the likes of Roy Smith complaining if it was a Liverpool or Man United bossing it most seasons. 

Part of it is because of how City are perceived and how they've achieved their success. There is also a bias towards the traditional top clubs. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Perhaps it is, but then I have little time for fans of Chelsea, Liverpool and Man U complaining about a monopoly at the top. 

I'm not entirely convinced we'd be getting the likes of Roy Smith complaining if it was a Liverpool or Man United bossing it most seasons. 

Part of it is because of how City are perceived and how they've achieved their success. There is also a bias towards the traditional top clubs. 

Exactly!

The traditonal red cartel don't like it up em. I don't remember complaints when Liverpool won the league 6 times in the 80's or Manchester United  won it 5 times in the 90's & 6 times in the 00's

They talk as though every player who pulled on the red shirt has come from Salford or Bootle.

F*ck em, City can win it for the next 10 years for me :laugh:

• Like 6

Just now, Birstall Owl said:

Exactly!

The traditonal red cartel don't like it up em. I don't remember complaints when Liverpool won the league 6 times in the 80's or Manchester United  won it 5 times in the 90's & 6 times in the 00's

They talk as though every player who pulled on the red shirt has come from Salford or Bootle.

F*ck em, City can win it for the next 10 years for me :laugh:

There is a high level of hypocrisy. 

As you say, I can't recall too many people lamenting the dominance of Man United during the 90s/00s. 

Should also be pointed out that Man U were usually the ones smashing the British transfer record during that period. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Harry Maguire £80m 28 year old centre half. Club captain and England international.

Raphael Varane 30 year old World Cup Winner and numerous Champions League medals.

Fred £50m 28 year old Brazilian international.

Rashford England international almost 50 caps. Nearly 200 games for Man Utd.

I’m sure they can take a teammate having a bit of a dig at them for repeatedly making mistakes and generally playing poorly. All the above players were woeful the other night and Ronaldo or Bruno having a bit of a moan at them is not the problem. You see it week in week out in every league. 

Watched Spurs beat Palace 3-0 the other day. Super performance and yet Regullion and Moura were whinging at each other right up until full time.

It’s a nonsense argument. United players weren’t moaning the minute the referee blew the whistle to start the game. It crept in 30 minutes in after repeated mistakes and poor play against a side in the relegation zone. You see it all the time.

Difference is Moura scored and, assisted a goal.

Ronaldo and Fernandes were amongst the worst on the pitch the other night.

I’d rather city just get a good head of steam now so that they can fully concentrate on the CL

liverpool fans on Twitter are just idiots from around the world that don’t have a clue, you would be better looking on their actual forum for a better representation of their sour grapes

No problem with Ronaldo having a go at his teammates. The best have lost their sh*t on the pitch many times

Like the man in my profile pic 

And I’d be fuming too playing with dross like Rashford, McTom, Dalot, Maguire

He must be thinking WTF have I done coming back here 

You could tell Chelsea were going to concede last night, they aren’t looking anything like they were… good cross and finish by Brighton. 

Grealish is still ‘settling in’ but he’s not really doing much… just seems to get the ball, get marked and pass it back to the fullback…. It’s a scarily good squad though - anyone they swap out is really capable 

Win Man U be able to beat Burnley tonight ?  
Possibly not.