So who are the players threatening to hand in their notice - and what is their motivation?

I genuinely think this is agent driven and dont want to slag the players off too much in the situation they find themselves in but lets be clear, the only ones who will be doing this are the ones who will benefit financially.

It cant possibly be the ones leaving under contract in June/July although that would be a laugh.

So lets go through the options;

Bannan - Not a chance, it would be like finding out that Father Christmas doesn't exist. And he has been paid Likelihood out of 10 - 1/10

Dawson - Got a contract till 2054 and no one else is daft enough to employ him - 1/10

Wildsmith - Very unlikely. Local guy could be number 1 next season. Doesn't seem the type and might not get a team 2/10

Palmer - Everything about Palmer tells you this wouldn't be his style but he would get a contract elsewhere 2/10

Hutchinson - Be ironic and he does have a gob - but only just agreed the option so seems inconceivable - 2/10

Dunkley - Supposed to be a stand up fight to the end guy - or so he tells us - and signed with a broken leg and he got paid for nowt for six months at least - Unlikely 3/10

Windass - Well he was in Portugal with Baz and went straight to Cancun in Mexico in a 20th floor luxury apartment overlooking the pacific where he still was today (see Instagram). Unless he was moaning about not being paid from luxury holiday destinations then its not him. Cant rule it totally out as he might not understand the irony and would benefit from being a free agent. 5/10

Paterson - On to the possibles. I would hope not but he would get a contract, hasn't really gelled at the club and might be a bit hot-headed - 6/10

Borner - Wants to go back to Germany. Might be forcing the issue. Wouldn't go for a fee so not such a kick in the teeth. 7/10

Luongo - Might want to go back to Oz or just wants to play somewhere else or could be a twitchy agent. But what a kick in the teeth - he might have got paid late but still got paid huge amounts for very little in return partly in a pandemic. 8/10

Iorfa - Might be agent led but obviously the prime beneficiary of any such walk out. Would command a big signing on fee with a cut to the agent if he managed to get it done. Smacks of terrible opportunism - he might have got paid late but still got paid his massive salary in a pandemic while being 'off sick' for 9 months at least months. Seems like a good lad but..... 8/10

Unless its Hunt and Galvin.

• Haha 8

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The players want paying 

They have contracts saying they should be paid

They should be paid

They haven't been paid

That's a breach of the agreement reached when they signed for us

They need paying

They're entitled to every single penny of it

They should be paid

Mentioning agents is just ridiculous and is part way to backing Chansiri on the issue to me

Hi Massimo.

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Nero said:

I genuinely think this is agent driven and dont want to slag the players off too much in the situation they find themselves in but lets be clear, the only ones who will be doing this are the ones who will benefit financially.

If no one's getting any pay at all, won't they ALL benefit financially from walking away then? 🤔

Guest LondonOwl313
16 minutes ago, Nero said:

It cant possibly be the ones leaving under contract in June/July although that would be a laugh.

Bannan - Not a chance, it would be like finding out that Father Christmas doesn't exist. And he has been paid Likelihood out of 10 - 1/10

Dawson - Got a contract till 2054 and no one else is daft enough to employ him - 1/10

Wildsmith - Very unlikely. Local guy could be number 1 next season. Doesn't seem the type and might not get a team 2/10

Palmer - Everything about Palmer tells you this wouldn't be his style but he would get a contract elsewhere 2/10

Hutchinson - Be ironic and he does have a gob - but only just agreed the option so seems inconceivable - 2/10

Dunkley - Supposed to be a stand up fight to the end guy - or so he tells us - and signed with a broken leg and he got paid for nowt for six months at least - Unlikely 3/10

Windass - Well he was in Portugal with Baz and went straight to Cancun in Mexico in a 20th floor luxury apartment overlooking the pacific where he still was today (see Instagram). Unless he was moaning about not being paid from luxury holiday destinations then its not him. Cant rule it totally out as he might not understand the irony and would benefit from being a free agent. 5/10

Paterson - On to the possibles. I would hope not but he would get a contract, hasn't really gelled at the club and might be a bit hot-headed - 6/10

Borner - Wants to go back to Germany. Might be forcing the issue. Wouldn't go for a fee so not such a kick in the teeth. 7/10

Luongo - Might want to go back to Oz or just wants to play somewhere else or could be a twitchy agent. But what a kick in the teeth - he might have got paid late but still got paid huge amounts for very little in return partly in a pandemic. 8/10

Iorfa - Might be agent led but obviously the prime beneficiary of any such walk out. Would command a big signing on fee with a cut to the agent if he managed to get it done. Smacks of terrible opportunism - he might have got paid late but still got paid his massive salary in a pandemic while being 'off sick' for 9 months at least months. Seems like a good lad but..... 8/10

I’m not sure about Luongo because is he really going to get another big contract elsewhere.. would guess at him being one of our higher earners now and he’s a crock.

Not sure Bannan will have been paid if the others haven’t. It has to be players who could get equivalent or more money elsewhere if they left on a free. Otherwise they’d stick it out.

So that’s a group from Bannan, Iorfa, Windass, Paterson. The rest would probably struggle to get the same money elsewhere 

22 minutes ago, Nero said:

WTF? 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

They should be paid most definitely, however this is just scare mongering by a certain few players and agents 

Are players really going to walk away from a lengthy well paid contract, knowing what the climate is like in the football world at the minute, they wouldn’t even come close to what they are currently earning. 

they will get paid in the end, they always do - but that doesn’t make it right - they will have bills to pay etc , this is just to force it in the public eye 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

GOOD!!

They're actually acting in OUR interests by doing what they're doing

yes exactly!!!!! It need to be out in the public domain - i totally agree with it. It’s not right at all!

I was just giving the reasons why it’s been done and threatened 

• Like 1

Just now, Markowski77 said:

yes exactly!!!!! It need to be out in the public domain - i totally agree with it. It’s not right at all!

I was just giving the reasons why it’s been done and threatened 

Yeah I know - just wanted to get in there before we had a pile on session attacking agents

lol

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

28 minutes ago, Nero said:

I've been through this in real life - I hung in there and didn't moan.  It all came good in the end.  It's not as if they're on poverty pay anyway

• Haha 1

Just now, Markowski77 said:

or the DC defence squad 

Yep - of which there are still a handful

Actually thinking about that I wonder who will be the final person to stick by him and why

I bet it's someone that's had their photo took with the chairman outside the ground and put it as their profile photo on Facebook or summat that's just too embarrassed and stubborn to back down even though they know they're totally on the wrong side of history

(like Brexiteers)

*runs off*

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Owlstalk Shop

18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The players want paying 

They have contracts saying they should be paid

They should be paid

They haven't been paid

That's a breach of the agreement reached when they signed for us

They need paying

They're entitled to every single penny of it

They should be paid

Mentioning agents is just ridiculous and is part way to backing Chansiri on the issue to me

?? Think that was a bit harsh mate,its a perfectly reasonable supposition that Agents might be using press contacts to release a story in order to aid there clients?? 

Totally agree with the points you have made re players entitlement to both salary,and being paid on time.(contractually)

Remember reading the Cardiff owner was steaming over the Sala transfer,when it came out in the press that agents had done just that to inflate interest and allegedly push up the asking price..

TBH i thought most people would accept this sort of thing is just part and parcel of football currently

Quote:McKay - whose son Mark signed a contract with Nantes to find a British club who would buy Sala - goes on to admit to creating fake news stories about other Premier League clubs - Everton, West Ham and Fulham - being interested in signing Sala, in order to drive up the price Cardiff would pay.  

Full story here:https://sputniknews.com/sport/202003271078719310-emiliano-sala-new-book-says-agents-involvement-shows-wild-west-nature-of-football-transfers/

• Haha 1