So who are the players threatening to hand in their notice - and what is their motivation?

I couldn't have ago at any that wants to leave. Not been paid on time or in full many times. A club that is being run like championship manager PC game. Supposedly under another embargo Accounts late again(yes there's an extension) hardly inspire anyone to stick around and commit does it. Good Luck to all the players, but we will still be here and thats what DC is clutching to.

5 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

He definitely can’t be intentionally punishing the players for relegation - as that was DC’s own fault. 

This whole mess is the chairman’s fault and no one else’s. His antics off the pitch has severely affected matters on it

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

He definitely can’t be intentionally punishing the players for relegation - as that was DC’s own fault. 

Don't be silly !!

Nothing is ever the fault of our illustrious leader.

Be really interested to see how he manages to explain how it is the fault of us supporters, though.:wacko:

Sorry, I meant "customers"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Hey Nero

You might want to change your password as I think your 8 year old's got your login and is posting stuff like the above

8 years old ?  - 

Most magnanimous -

I was thinking more an 8 month old ............................................. ......................................................................................................................................,...................,,,,,...........,..............................,..............,........Amoeba ................................................................................................................

(pissed)...................................................................................,.............................................,.................................................................................(on crystal meth)

The players want paying 

They have contracts saying they should be paid

They should be paid

They haven't been paid

That's a breach of the agreement reached when they signed for us

They need paying

They're entitled to every single penny of it

They should be paid

Maybe the agents ARE involved and want it out in the public eye and sorted. 

If so GOOD!!

If that's the case they're actually doing something that benefits US as fans too!

Couldn't agree more.

The thread title asks what is the motivation of the players involved.

Their motivation is to get paid what they are owed.

If they had/do get paid what they are owed then this would not be an issue.

Simple as that really. 

2 hours ago, hangonrose said:

I've been through this in real life - I hung in there and didn't moan.  It all came good in the end.  It's not as if they're on poverty pay anyway

What a crock of sh!te

unicorn sh!te at that

a unicorn fed on magic beans

by a (benevolent) wizard 

holding a magic lamp (despite his crossed fingers)

kissing a leprechaun 

with a shamrock between his teeth

having stepped n a yeti turd

in Narnia

ps I’m a bit strapped at present, can you sub me some brass - I’m sure you’ll get it back sometime - Im just waiting for an Email from a bloke in Nigeria to return the money I loaned him - he assures my it will here tomorrow 

2 hours ago, hangonrose said:

I've been through this in real life - I hung in there and didn't moan.  It all came good in the end.  It's not as if they're on poverty pay anyway

Really?

You continued to work for a business that paid you late and not in full for a number of months? 

What business was this?

The players want paying 

They have contracts saying they should be paid

They should be paid

They haven't been paid

That's a breach of the agreement reached when they signed for us

They need paying

They're entitled to every single penny of it

They should be paid

Maybe the agents ARE involved and want it out in the public eye and sorted. 

If so GOOD!!

If that's the case they're actually doing something that benefits US as fans too!

If you believe some (I haven't got a clue if true or not) DC is skint. Therefore how do you pay players if you have no money? Genuine question.

3 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

If you believe some (I haven't got a clue if true or not) DC is skint. Therefore how do you pay players if you have no money? Genuine question.

Go public and sell shares, get investment, borrow or sell up.

• Like 1

If I was a player and hadn't been paid for 3 months I might float the same story to try and get the matter sorted. If you've tried other stuff it could at least bring it to a head one way or the other.

I don't blame them.

• Like 1

If I was a player I'd be getting my agent to get my next move ready.

It might be less money but at least there is a good chance I'll get paid on time.

Honestly, only a player trying to get back in the game will ever sign for us..

Any competent player or one with some intelligence,  will avoid us.

I can see the latest managerial team walking before the season starts because if I was them I would be getting my agent to find my next move.

• Like 2

Honestly quite frightening that there are still people out there looking to move or portion blame else where 

it’s really quite simple, one person owns the club if that one person pays his staff on time they can’t hand their notice in 

it’s not the players fault, it’s not the agents fault, it’s not the banks fault, it’s not Covid s fault 

it’s one persons fault, The Owner 

3 hours ago, Nero said:

I genuinely think this is agent driven and dont want to slag the players off too much in the situation they find themselves in but lets be clear, the only ones who will be doing this are the ones who will benefit financially.

It cant possibly be the ones leaving under contract in June/July although that would be a laugh.

So lets go through the options;

Bannan - Not a chance, it would be like finding out that Father Christmas doesn't exist. And he has been paid Likelihood out of 10 - 1/10

Dawson - Got a contract till 2054 and no one else is daft enough to employ him - 1/10

Wildsmith - Very unlikely. Local guy could be number 1 next season. Doesn't seem the type and might not get a team 2/10

Palmer - Everything about Palmer tells you this wouldn't be his style but he would get a contract elsewhere 2/10

Hutchinson - Be ironic and he does have a gob - but only just agreed the option so seems inconceivable - 2/10

Dunkley - Supposed to be a stand up fight to the end guy - or so he tells us - and signed with a broken leg and he got paid for nowt for six months at least - Unlikely 3/10

Windass - Well he was in Portugal with Baz and went straight to Cancun in Mexico in a 20th floor luxury apartment overlooking the pacific where he still was today (see Instagram). Unless he was moaning about not being paid from luxury holiday destinations then its not him. Cant rule it totally out as he might not understand the irony and would benefit from being a free agent. 5/10

Paterson - On to the possibles. I would hope not but he would get a contract, hasn't really gelled at the club and might be a bit hot-headed - 6/10

Borner - Wants to go back to Germany. Might be forcing the issue. Wouldn't go for a fee so not such a kick in the teeth. 7/10

Luongo - Might want to go back to Oz or just wants to play somewhere else or could be a twitchy agent. But what a kick in the teeth - he might have got paid late but still got paid huge amounts for very little in return partly in a pandemic. 8/10

Iorfa - Might be agent led but obviously the prime beneficiary of any such walk out. Would command a big signing on fee with a cut to the agent if he managed to get it done. Smacks of terrible opportunism - he might have got paid late but still got paid his massive salary in a pandemic while being 'off sick' for 9 months at least months. Seems like a good lad but..... 8/10

Unless its Hunt and Galvin.

Their motivation is that they want the salary that is owed to them by their employer.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, happy bunny said:

So, just to clarify things, going on what the general jist of things are

The players haven't been paid at all?

Or just not on time?

Dosnt make any difference which it is. Chansiri is in breach of contract either way. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Really?

You continued to work for a business that paid you late and not in full for a number of months? 

What business was this?

One of which I was a Director - sometimes you just have to hang in (and I certainly wouldn't have got my money if I hadn't made it happen)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, happy bunny said:

The club obviously has a cash flow problem

The question still stands

First happened in Nov 2019, that's 18 months ago, in which players haven't been paid correctly in 5-7 months of those.

18 months and he's not done anything about it.

• Like 3