So who are the players threatening to hand in their notice - and what is their motivation?

19 minutes ago, hangonrose said:

I've been through this in real life - I hung in there and didn't moan.  It all came good in the end.  It's not as if they're on poverty pay anyway

Someone who's paid more than others tend to owe out more than others in mortgage/credit card/car payments though

People live to/beyond their means

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

When there Hundred's of player's looking for job's at the end of June good luck to our player's who want to hand in their notices.

When ever there has been spike in Unemployment it usually led to a wage reduction, race to the bottom.

All EFL club's, apart from the club's relegated from the Prem, will be cutting their cloth accordingly.

Maybe that is what is needed so these pampered sportsmen/women can see what life is like in the real world.

3 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

When there Hundred's of player's looking for job's at the end of June good luck to our player's who want to hand in their notices.

When ever there has been spike in Unemployment it usually led to a wage reduction, race to the bottom.

All EFL club's, apart from the club's relegated from the Prem, will be cutting their cloth accordingly.

Maybe that is what is needed so these pampered sportsmen/women can see what life is like in the real world.

They're not getting paid at our club

You can take delight in that as much as you like

But whilst it's happening players will leave, other good players wont want to come and we'll probably get relegated again

But hey - at least those pampered players will see what life is like in the real world eh?

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

53 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yep - of which there are still a handful

Actually thinking about that I wonder who will be the final person to stick by him and why

I bet it's someone that's had their photo took with the chairman outside the ground and put it as their profile photo on Facebook or summat that's just too embarrassed and stubborn to back down even though they know they're totally on the wrong side of history

(like Brexiteers)

*runs off*

lol

*Deletes photo with Chansiri and Union Jack back ground*😁

• Haha 1

The players didn't ask not to be paid nor did their agents request they not be paid. The fans didn't ask that wages be kept from the players nor did the EFL suggest players not be paid. Running out of options on who suggested the players not be paid but someone surely,somewhere mooted the idea that those who have signed contracts should have that contract unilaterally broken.

Some of these players may be on good money but in my view that is irrelevant because contracts,entered into legally and professionally,should be honoured because there is a moral and legal duty to do so.

Mr Chansiri I would be most grateful,as the Owner/ Chairman of our beloved SWFC if you could shed some light on this perplexing matter.

Maybe just maybe if the players had been paid on time in December, February, March, April, May they may have been more inclined to fight for the club, as it's clear to see when results picked up under every manager, after they had been paid.

DC has been the source of every single balls up at the club but not paying your employees on time, or in his case at all is the quickest way to get your club relegated.

• Like 6

I suspect the biggest motivation is that they want to get paid the money as per their contract with their employer.

Would love a list of posters here who don't think workers should get paid their wages.  I'm sure I could find work for you to do around the house and garden.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

If I didn't pay my drivers on time or in full I would find myself with a load of vans parked outside my house with no one to drive them whilst my drivers would be off down to DHL or UPS. 

First rule of business, you always make sure you make payroll on time every month. 

• Like 7

You cannot blame any player in the is situation.  

I like most others on here would be apoplectic if I wasn’t paid on time.  Why hang around if you could play for a club where you are paid on time what you are contractually entitled to.

If I was a contracted player at Wednesday I would want to get off this sinking ship.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Markowski77 said:

Are players really going to walk away from a lengthy well paid contract, knowing what the climate is like in the football world at the minute, they wouldn’t even come close to what they are currently earning. 

The pandemic might be the only thing keeping them here, as other clubs might be in a mess too - but being a footballer is a short career,

and as you see with Rhodes he is most definitely on less wages now, but managed to get a longer deal (security) 

5 minutes ago, Marro said:

If I was a contracted player at Wednesday I would want to get off this sinking ship.

I agree. 

Players are entitled to have motivation - It’s the same when a club gets relegated, a player Will think - I’m off.... so I’d definitely consider it for unpaid wages. 

2 hours ago, Nero said:

I genuinely think this is agent driven and dont want to slag the players off too much in the situation they find themselves in but lets be clear, the only ones who will be doing this are the ones who will benefit financially.

It cant possibly be the ones leaving under contract in June/July although that would be a laugh.

So lets go through the options;

Bannan - Not a chance, it would be like finding out that Father Christmas doesn't exist. And he has been paid Likelihood out of 10 - 1/10

Dawson - Got a contract till 2054 and no one else is daft enough to employ him - 1/10

Wildsmith - Very unlikely. Local guy could be number 1 next season. Doesn't seem the type and might not get a team 2/10

Palmer - Everything about Palmer tells you this wouldn't be his style but he would get a contract elsewhere 2/10

Hutchinson - Be ironic and he does have a gob - but only just agreed the option so seems inconceivable - 2/10

Dunkley - Supposed to be a stand up fight to the end guy - or so he tells us - and signed with a broken leg and he got paid for nowt for six months at least - Unlikely 3/10

Windass - Well he was in Portugal with Baz and went straight to Cancun in Mexico in a 20th floor luxury apartment overlooking the pacific where he still was today (see Instagram). Unless he was moaning about not being paid from luxury holiday destinations then its not him. Cant rule it totally out as he might not understand the irony and would benefit from being a free agent. 5/10

Paterson - On to the possibles. I would hope not but he would get a contract, hasn't really gelled at the club and might be a bit hot-headed - 6/10

Borner - Wants to go back to Germany. Might be forcing the issue. Wouldn't go for a fee so not such a kick in the teeth. 7/10

Luongo - Might want to go back to Oz or just wants to play somewhere else or could be a twitchy agent. But what a kick in the teeth - he might have got paid late but still got paid huge amounts for very little in return partly in a pandemic. 8/10

Iorfa - Might be agent led but obviously the prime beneficiary of any such walk out. Would command a big signing on fee with a cut to the agent if he managed to get it done. Smacks of terrible opportunism - he might have got paid late but still got paid his massive salary in a pandemic while being 'off sick' for 9 months at least months. Seems like a good lad but..... 8/10

Unless its Hunt and Galvin.

It cou!d benefit those under contract that could pretty much guarantee a similar wage & a signing on fee.

That's limited to Iorfa, Windass & possibly Luongo. Agents will definitely look for any opportunities to raise cash, as it's their job.

There really is no mystery to this. Employees don’t get their full salary on time. They see 50% Ordovician of their colleagues being allowed to leave with no attempt to keep any if them. Their employer is also not relaying customers who paid up front for a product which has not been delivered and who have re ruled promises if repayment to no avail.

Given all that if they can leave with 2 weeks notice, which allows them to take up other gainful employment with a signing on fee who on earth is going to blame them. (Other than Chansiri)

There really is no mystery to this. Employees don’t get their full salary on time. They see 50% or so of their colleagues being allowed to leave with no attempt to keep any of them. Their employer is also not repaying customers who paid up front for a product which has not been delivered and who have received promises of repayment to no avail.

Given all that if they can leave with 2 weeks notice, which allows them to take up other gainful employment with a signing on fee who on earth is going to blame them. (Other than Chansiri)

• Like 1